·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Roger Penske Buys Saturn

AP Source: GM to sell Saturn brand to Roger Penske
Buzz Up Send
Email IM Share
Delicious Digg Facebook Fark Newsvine Reddit StumbleUpon Technorati Yahoo! Bookmarks Print AP – FILE - In this Jan. 21, 2004 file photo, operations technicians work the Saturn Ion final inspection …
Play Video Auto Industry Video:GM to sell Saturn brand to Penske Reuters Play Video Auto Industry Video:Business Update: Chrysler sale approved Reuters Related Quotes Symbol Price Change
GM 0.00 0.00
PAG 14.65 +0.05
^GSPC 940.09 -2.37

By TOM KRISHER, AP Auto Writer Tom Krisher, Ap Auto Writer – Fri Jun 5, 8:36 am ET
DETROIT – A person briefed on the deal says General Motors Corp. will sell its Saturn brand to former race car driver and dealership chain owner Roger Penske.

GM has scheduled a 9 a.m. EDT conference call with Saturn General Manager Jill Lajdziak. The person briefed on the deal said Penske will be on the call.

Penske has said his company, Penske Automotive Group Inc. of Bloomfield Hills, Mich., is interested in the Saturn brand.

The person briefed did not want to be identified because it has yet to be made public.

·
Registered
760 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Greatest News Since Sliced Bread...

The best way to "STICK IT TO LIBERAL PUKES" is prove to them that they are worthless pukes...

Roger Penske AKA "GOD" can make Saturn profitable and make a fine product in the process....

I'm sending him my resume right now. I'm going to offer to work for a $1.00 a year.

This news is the BEST NEWS I've heard in my whole entire 65 years!!!!

Now I no longer have to worry about the whole world blowing up, liquor stores and all!!!!

ADD: I once wrote Roger a letter asking him to run for President of the United States....

·
AARP Member
732 Posts
Me Too!!

The best way to "STICK IT TO LIBERAL PUKES" is prove to them that they are worthless pukes...

Roger Penske AKA "GOD" can make Saturn profitable and make a fine product in the process....

I'm sending him my resume right now. I'm going to offer to work for a $1.00 a year.

This news is the BEST NEWS I've heard in my whole entire 65 years!!!!

Now I no longer have to worry about the whole world blowing up, liquor stores and all!!!!

ADD: I once wrote Roger a letter asking him to run for President of the United States....
Put my name on that list also. I would be willing to work for commission. If I don't earn him anything, then don't pay me. :)devil

·
Desert Racing Widow
2,073 Posts
I might consider buying the Outlook instead of the Touareg if this deal works out. Outlook isn't half the vehicle the Touareg is, but it's a lot less money.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
The article I read seemed to infer the Saturn brand would be made by GM for two more years and then it would be bid globally.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out where it would be produced soon after that.

Brian

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Word is a Chinese company is buying Hummer......................................

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
Word is a Chinese company is trying to buy Hummer......................................
Made a small change...

Word is they are still waiting for an answer. No doubt it will go through. We are too stupid to stop now.

·
"The" masheenist
5,444 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts