Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
roger

Also anybody with old pictures or boat mag articles bring them with ya. There is also overnight camping at la paz park if needed

·
Registered
2 Posts
My POPS

Im stoked that so many people have really good memories of my dad, (Roger). He would really get a kick out of knowing that his life and acomplishments meant so much to so many.

He left his mark on the river, and we will always be excited to spot one of his boats on the water or a trailer headed out for fun.

Kelly Weiman

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looking through some old magazines and found this ad in a June 1970 issue of Powerboat. This has to be pretty early on, maybe the first ad placed by him because in the back of the mag there's a little plug in the "Performance Products" section and that kinda thing was done for new paid advertisements.

If I had to hazzard a guess I'd say that 's Roger behind the wheel at the Marine Stadium races. :)

·
TEN THIRTY ONE
1,293 Posts
KDOG & Old Rigger saw that this pic (my long time avatar) made the memorial announcement. Thought that I would post the full size original. It's a true honor.

Ross

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
KDOG & Old Rigger saw that this pic (my long time avatar) made the memorial announcement. Thought that I would post the full size original. It's a true honor.Ross
Well, the choice of using that pic would be an obvious one for me, I've always liked that shot. :) But I had nothing to do with it, it was Dee Dee and Kelly who as far as I know had never been on this board until their dad passed away. They had no idea of the following Roger had/has and have been reading all of the members posts about him. As you can imagine, it's meant a lot to them both and their families. I'm sure your use of the Rogers emblem for your avatar made her smile. I know I smile everytime I see it but didn't realize there was an emblem in the shot until this morn.;)

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
man such sad news.i love my rogers jet and always will! ;)
was givin my rogers to me by my dad when i was 17 and have been trying to restore it to its origional glory for years. i will get it there eventually as i will never get rid of it and hope to have a son to pass it on to one day.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Roger

All of us at Place Diverter are extremely sad for the loss of a true legend in the industry. My Dad purchased a super cyclone in 1973, and designed the first Place Diverter for it. Roger told Frank, " Hey Frank Every Jet Boat needs one of those"... From then, we were and are forever greatful for Roger Weiman and the impact he's made on our lives.

All our thoughts and prairs to the Weiman family.

Tim Place

·
Registered
22 Posts
Roger Weiman Memorial

Our deepest condolences go out to the entire Weiman family for your great loss.

I'm sorry to say that we won't be able to make the memorial but will have a moment of silence at 5:00 tomorrow in Roger's honor.

Our jet boat history started with a 66' Weiman powered by a Holman and Moody 427 ford. What a great boat !

Within our family we still have a 72' super cyclone #23, a 73' super cylcone #80 which I bought new from Roger and a 78' Bonneville 18.

It's great to see that the legend that Roger created continues after all these years.

Sincerely,

Mike McLaren
Bryan McLaren
Kevin McCurdy

1 - 20 of 27 Posts