Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
851 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Probably the toughest post I've ever done.

I just got off the phone with Roger's daughter, Dee Dee, and she confirmed the rumor I heard earlier today that Roger had passed away sometime last week. His friends brokle down the door after not getting any returns of their phone calls and found his body. When and how he passed is not know nor does it matter much.

My mentor, my friend, my boss and much more than I can put down in words right now. Knew him almost my whole life, my mom grew up with him. His shop, and his dads before that, were right down the street from where I grew up.

Sad focking day for sure, and for me, the end of an era.

Dee Dee said a memorial will be held as soon as she can sort things out and I'll post the info here for anyone that might like to go.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Sad day indeed, I just met him at the Parker races this past April. He spent the day with us in the comp jet pits. Great guy and so this is a huge loss to the jet boat community. Also had a long conversation with him last summer while we were restoring the TR.
AS I posted before here are my Rogers
73 Super Cyclone
76 Bonneville TR
71 Cyclone - Rootin Tootin Raspberry

Attachments

·
Amber Racing Services
4,339 Posts
wow ... this is a shocker, another one of the original jet boaters gone. sad post for sure.

he will be missed.

BB

·
Registered
386 Posts
Very sorry to hear this -- Roger was one of the true gentlemen in the SoCal boat building business. Got to know him well in mid 1960s -- exceptional character and integrity. One of the most honest individuals I've ever known in the marine industry.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends.

Reminds us all how temporary we all are and how we need cherish every moment we have.

RIP Roger......

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
Rich, Sorry to hear this. Condolences to the family and friends, may he rest in peace, Bob

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
Found this on Youtube. We didnt post it. From last weekend.

Infomaniac Jr. in the Yellow Rogers.

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
My condolences to the family.

I've crawled around a lot of jet boats in order to part them out and I have yet to find another '60's or '70's jet boat that had the high quality in the fiberglass work that I've seen in Roger Custom Boats, none have even been close. A true loss.

R.I.P.

·
Administrator
16,873 Posts
That is a cool invoice. I guess a pump was included in the hull price.

·
Registered
568 Posts
Wow...I just talked to him a week or 2 ago. He sounded like he was in great spirits and was all excited in restoring a boat with one of his buddies. RIP buddy.

Brian

·
Registered
183 Posts
roger

my name is mark [chevy] i hope every body is setting back remembering roger the guy was the best, only known him for about 22years more than some less than others but i can always remember if you needed help with something by phone or in person he never said no. We lost a legend and there arn't many left in that era. people like him are farr and few. just remember life is short enjoy every minute have fun

R

·
0 Posts
Very sad to hear. I met Roger many years ago after I bought a 21 Rogers and was doing a little work to it. Didn't really know what I had until a few people let me know I really bought a bad ass boat. Wish I would have kept it.

RIP Roger

1 - 20 of 99 Posts