Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
1,119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just checking on what kind of response I would have if we were to start building the original Rogers 18 ,19 ,20 and 21. I have been approched by the individual who purchased the ORIGINAL Rogers molds and I'm just testing the water to see if there is any intrest.

·
Registered
501 Posts
Just checking on what kind of response I would have if we were to start building the original Rogers 18 ,19 ,20 and 21. I have been approched by the individual who purchased the ORIGINAL Rogers molds and I'm just testing the water to see if there is any intrest.

Not much help from me bUT, IF i had the funds I would be all over that.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Roger called the 21 a VIP21, essentially a Spectra. Did not have the lines of the other hulls with the barrel sides.
The 20' Bonneville Classic is a lenthened 19 with larger strakes and a different minicruiser deck.

·
Registered
284 Posts
I would be interested. I wish more company's would build the old school jets

·
Registered
50 Posts
Roger called the 21 a VIP21, essentially a Spectra. Did not have the lines of the other hulls with the barrel sides.
The 20' Bonneville Classic is a lenthened 19 with larger strakes and a different minicruiser deck.
Yeah and it was a damn nice looking boat too! One of my favorite cruisers. They sit really low in the water and just look badass.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 20' Rogers Classic and its been a great boat. Does anyone out there have any pics of the Rogers 21 VIP. Would love to see the style.

Attachments

·
Registered
533 Posts
I'm sure the interest would be strong if you were to start building them. The name pretty much speaks for itself and there probably wouldn't be much marketing required as word would probably spread like wildfire among the boating community. However, in this current economy it really is a toss of the dice. Things don't look like there going to get better anytime soon either. One thing that does worry me though, is what kind of impact will the new units have on the values of existing Rogers boats? About 4 or 5 years ago, some companies started producing brand new steel Mustang and Camaro bodies. Word is that those units have had a negative effect on the value of originals. I haven't heard anything solid, but some say 15-20% With all that said, if in 3-4 yrs. you're building the 20's & 21's I'd definiteley be up for one as I'd like to eventually upgrade form a 19' Bonneville.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thats a 20' Bonneville Classic
They listed the length incorrectly.
My bad. I talked with the owner several times about this boat and they thought it was the 21 VIP cruiser. However, it now makes sense that the title said 20'4" and not 21'. I remember seeing one of those Rogers flyer/brochure things floating around a while back that had the 21 VIP on it. Can't seem to find it now.

Sorry if I got things off topic here. I love these boats and the history behind them. I think they would sale easy if done right.

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
These boats are a rub rail install nightmare, Love the boat and would not want one unless it were capped, and honestly IMO they look incomplete when they are not capped! Just my opinion.

·
Registered
836 Posts
I have a 20' Rogers Classic and its been a great boat. Does anyone out there have any pics of the Rogers 21 VIP. Would love to see the style.
now thats a nice lookin boat. the smaller 2 seaters arent as friendly but i think this is a happy medium between a giant daycruiser and a speedboat.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
That would be awesome. I have always wanted a Rogers, but a new one with out 30+ years of wear and tear would be even better. I will start saving my pennies.

·
Registered
931 Posts
I would be interested. I wish more company's would build the old school jets
I agree!!! I would love to be able to buy a new mini cruiser. The 19' one. They are so sleek looking, handle great, and can be fast!!!:)devil:)devil I want to stay in the loop about future hot boats by Rogers!!! Love the hulls, and lines!!

1 - 20 of 70 Posts