Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This thread has made me think about who on here actually has signed up for the magazine. It seems that some people with a lot of posts bitch about the way this forum is run and won't even spend the $$$ to even subscribe. :|err

My name is Bobby and I am a Performance Boat subscriber. :)devil:)devil:)hand

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I too subscribe :)devil

·
It is what it is
2,650 Posts
X4

It's a decent magazine. I also like Powerboat Mag.. They are my two favs.

To tell you the truth, the best part of the magazines are the tech articles for me. Both magazines have some interesting writers, with Bob Teague being my favorite. That guy knows everything there is to know about boats. I often wonder if he actually writes the stuff himself.

·
Premium Member
1,108 Posts
Not to rain on anyone’s parade but....... I did subscribe at the '08 LA show for a 2 year subscription, received 4 issues not counting the inaugural, and then got the renewal email in December. I replied that I had subscribed for the 2 year sub. And didn't feel my original obligation was fulfilled, and that I would not be re-newing. I then received a rather harsh email from Michelle stating that I only subscribed for 1 year and that according to PB's records; I had got all issues due to me. To be fair, my response was a little pointed, but IMO not out of line, I then decided that the website was enough for me and left it at that.:)

So does that give me the right to bitch, maybe, maybe not.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
I feel that I don't need to subscribe, I buy enough crap from your advertisers every month...and they all throw in a copy of your mag with each shipment - I pretty much have every issue, both "Lake & Offshore" versions:D:)devil

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
My name is Terry and I am a Performance Boat subscriber.

·
Premium Member
3,136 Posts
x4

it's a decent magazine. I also like powerboat mag.. They are my two favs.

To tell you the truth, the best part of the magazines are the tech articles for me. Both magazines have some interesting writers, with bob teague being my favorite. That guy knows everything there is to know about boats. I often wonder if he actually writes the stuff himself.

·
"SELF MADE" broke dick
1,006 Posts
This thread has made me think about who on here actually has signed up for the magazine. It seems that some people with a lot of posts bitch about the way this forum is run and won't even spend the $$$ to even subscribe. :|err

http://www.performanceboats.com//showthread.php?t=39443&page=3

Don't have too many posts, don't subscribe to the mag and could care less how they run thier forum.....:D

·
waiting sucks
981 Posts
I might subscribe if they start doing issues every month. I dont really want to subscribe to get a mag every other month, or whatever it is. I dont agree with their policy on talking about manufactures or products in threads "third party advertising" Give me break. So i'll complain about that, (when a thread is deleted with good info.) What are these forums for? to talk about products, tech, boating! We're going to talk about boats in here. My enjoymnet from the site is greater than my dissapointment with their policy, so thats why I come on here.
Nazi's I tell you

·
C Ya on da lake
6,991 Posts

Hey Bobby, this is perfect...

almost like callin all the bitches out... I dont bitch nearly as much as others around here do but when I do... ah nevermind...

I subscribed the first year, just 2 months ago I let my subscription run out... Jamie and I pay for advertising and I thought that I would get a magaizine in the mail... I was told that I would still get a printed copy in the mail, but nothing! So I guess your calling out has reminded me I need to spend even more money to get the mag. I didnt ever read the online mag (mainly because I dont like my laptop on the shitter or on the boat with me, and that is my favorite place to read).

What ever happened to the dvd's that were supposed to be in every mag last year? The one I got was kool! Kinda nice for my commute...

·
DRIVE4SHOW-PUTT4$$$
647 Posts
looks like almost all but 3 or 4 subsribers didnt post on this thread. might get more subscribers if they get rid of that online BS and put those issues in print!!:)hand

1 - 20 of 31 Posts