Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody replaced the link bar on roller lifters ? What I am thinking here is this . I have a basically new set of C.C. lifters for a BBO .842 dia. I am thinking of changing the cross bar to BBC . Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

·
Distinguished Member
5,781 Posts
What cross bars?:D

Yea, a whole lot of problems go away...... if you can afford it ;)

I agree. Just harder to un-install the $$ from my wallet.:D
True dat....

Promptly followed by the following, " HOW MUCH ARE THESE THINGS?!!!"
As they say, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Unless you have a major hook up, bring your block and $5k to your favorite machine shop. They'll let you know if there's any $$ left. Might be, but it won't be much.

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Ive been running mine for quite a while and they come out looking/feeling awesome each year and would not hesitate to run them again. I think they are money well spent. Ive got LSM's and Ive got my moneys worth. They were $1840

Yea, a whole lot of problems go away...... if you can afford it ;)

True dat....

As they say, if you have to ask, you can't afford it. Unless you have a major hook up, bring your block and $5k to your favorite machine shop. They'll let you know if there's any $$ left. Might be, but it won't be much.

·
Cantard
5,017 Posts
Ive been running mine for quite a while and they come out looking/feeling awesome each year and would not hesitate to run them again. I think they are money well spent. Ive got LSM's and Ive got my moneys worth. They were $1840
Holy mothr...I am with gn7 on this one. lol

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
That's not including machine work or bushings right? It's been awhile but I believe I paid 300+ for the bushings and 600 for machine work. But it's all been money well spent so far. Pull the heads last weekend and they look like they haven't even been ran.

·
www.highflowdynamics.com
1,161 Posts
Has anybody replaced the link bar on roller lifters ? What I am thinking here is this . I have a basically new set of C.C. lifters for a BBO .842 dia. I am thinking of changing the cross bar to BBC . Any tips would be appreciated.
Make sure that the Olds-applicable lifters features (such as the location of the oiling holes, etc.) are in the same location as the BBC lifters.

LO

·
Distinguished Member
5,781 Posts
I agree keyed lifters are the ultimate and $1840 is a decent price but that's just the half of it....

That's not including machine work or bushings right? It's been awhile but I believe I paid 300+ for the bushings and 600 for machine work. But it's all been money well spent so far. Pull the heads last weekend and they look like they haven't even been ran.
... man you guys must have way better machine shop hook up than I do. It's been a while but I was pretty certain the block machine work was close to $2k alone including the "good" bushings (whatever that means!!) for keyed lifters. 904's with link bars were about half the total cost of keyed lifters... I'm probably wrong though...
It's a good thing my POS blower motor is happy with an old Duntov 3/4 race cam. No way I can roll with you ballers :D

·
Boat Nut
5,131 Posts
Dang deep pockets, or empty pockets......hardcore stuff!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
If alls the same with the only difference being the link bars than why sell a 250.00 dollar set of lifters for 50 bucks just to buy them again .comp sells the link bar for 3.00 so 25.00 I can get a set for the new motor . Im all over that! And the good part is I know the history of these. I will check against sbc rollers and get back. Or better yet just call C.C.

·
Registered
358 Posts
lifters

I bought the iskys red zone deals with the solid trunnion ( no needles) very happy withe them 700 , lost a comp and heard many other that had them fail failed on them
would never buy another set

·
Village Idiot
3,508 Posts
I agree keyed lifters are the ultimate and $1840 is a decent price but that's just the half of it....

... man you guys must have way better machine shop hook up than I do. It's been a while but I was pretty certain the block machine work was close to $2k alone including the "good" bushings (whatever that means!!) for keyed lifters. 904's with link bars were about half the total cost of keyed lifters... I'm probably wrong though...
It's a good thing my POS blower motor is happy with an old Duntov 3/4 race cam. No way I can roll with you ballers :D
One of the machine shops near us did the keyways (bought bushings and installed them), o-ringed the bock, bored the block, checked the line hone, and drilled the block and installed 55mm roller bearings for right at 2 grand. They are a decent shop that just happened to build a multi time comp eliminator champs engines. Then again, the shop that did your engine does AWESOME work.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts