Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a couple diffrent carb's. Both are dominator's. One is a #9375, the other an #8082.
The #9375 has 3 circuit metering and a 2x4 carb set up,the #8082 has 2 circuit metering and a 1x4 carb set up.
My question is What the hell is 3 and 2 circuit metering, and 2x4 and 1x 4 carb set up's, and which is better? Thank's in advance.....Hal

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
what, no answers!

·
Registered
211 Posts
its a carburEtor. and i had the same question when i was looking for dominators. if it is for marine use you want the 2 circuit. the 3rd circuit is for wide open throttle and is used for drag racing. basically either wot or idle which is no good for cruising. i have a 1050cfm dominator and works great on my 540 bbc. i can find the part if you want it.

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey thank's HighFlyer,that would be great....Hal

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,079 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Its a holley 8082 on my boat. I cruise just before the secondaries kick in at like 3200 rpm and get descent gas mileage. but once the secondaries hit it turns into a monster! the boat is a 21' hallett vector

·
Premium Member
25,975 Posts
I am looking at a couple diffrent carb's. Both are dominator's. One is a #9375, the other an #8082.
The #9375 has 3 circuit metering and a 2x4 carb set up,the #8082 has 2 circuit metering and a 1x4 carb set up.
My question is What the hell is 3 and 2 circuit metering, and 2x4 and 1x 4 carb set up's, and which is better? Thank's in advance.....Hal
you pretty much answered your own question right here. The 9375 is a 3 circuit with an annular booster and soft progressive linkage for t-ram applictions. And the 8082 is just as you wrote. The reason for the diff is that with 2x4 apps the signal strength to the booster is reduced by having 8 boosters/throttle bores, leaving roughly half the signal strength at the booster. Holley uses annular boosters (which produces a stronger signal than a down leg or straight booster and a third circuit (over and above the transfer and main circuits of a 2 circuit carb in a effort to off set this deminished signal. Does this help.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts