Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have the boat in my sig...i know the 12je is limited in place diverter roost because the throttle cable and directional cable have to bend..but how can i get more height out of it?

·
Premium Member
4,704 Posts
If its a 2 piece bowl you can insert wedges from 1° to 4°. That will get it up there. You may end up with a nasty bounce.

·
Registered
4,045 Posts
If no split bowl you can do the Place Diverter trim to get some more up trim! Smoken lowrider SS has some good pix. in another thread. WT:)devil

Coby

·
Registered
206 Posts
The JE doesn't have a split bowl. You can find one from a JG pump and add a wedge. I was thinking about doing that to my JE and adding a droop snoot, too. If you add a snoot you will be required to reconfigure your steering to those similar in the set back pump set ups. If you add the snoot and reconfigure the cable, your JE diverter will not work. If you add a snoot and try to use the factory JE steering to make you JE diverter work, it looks like a pain in the A$$. I haven't bought a diverter yet so I can go either way. You may want to contact Tom at JBP for more questions, he's the one that helped me out.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks

thanks for the input....i really didn't want to go the extra mile and put a split bowl on...especially if it won't really help the performance of the boat. The boat is very heavy and somewhat low on power...i just wanted to look a little cooler! hahah. I'll keep all of that in mind for the future though! thanks!

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
You could always go with the Berkeley Jet-o-vator rather than the Place Diverter, and save some money.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
The JE doesn't have a split bowl. You can find one from a JG pump and add a wedge. I was thinking about doing that to my JE and adding a droop snoot, too. If you add a snoot you will be required to reconfigure your steering to those similar in the set back pump set ups. If you add the snoot and reconfigure the cable, your JE diverter will not work. If you add a snoot and try to use the factory JE steering to make you JE diverter work, it looks like a pain in the A$$. I haven't bought a diverter yet so I can go either way. You may want to contact Tom at JBP for more questions, he's the one that helped me out.
If you would like to put a diverter on your JE with a snoot pm me and I will let you know how to do it. I have a div, droop, and wedge and my roost is pretty nice.

·
Registered
206 Posts
If you would like to put a diverter on your JE with a snoot pm me and I will let you know how to do it. I have a div, droop, and wedge and my roost is pretty nice.
I would love to do it, but probably not till next season. Just blew the motor, so the budget goes to rebuilding that.

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
hunt down kenny(devilman) he's got some nice pics of the divertor mod to get another up notch outta it. just be carefull and don't grind to much off it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts