Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I have to make a rope deflector and just lookin for some ideas

Let me see what ya got

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
don't really know what you're looking for. if you go here Dragboats.com - Photo Gallery - Main Menu randy krohn has about a million pics of boats going down a track with all sorts of rope deflectors.

the rule is, minimum .049 3/4" tubing, 45* from scoop to gunnel, connected top and bottom, so the rope won't catch on anything from behind your head to the outside of the boat. and if you get an idea for what you want to do, get in touch with ed anderson and run it by him, as it could save you some grief. if you want, pm me your phone number and i'll have ed call you... :)
it's also kind of helpful if you have the engine in the boat with the scoop installed, so you can get a visual for what will work.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Bob.. I'm just tryin to get some ideas and a picture is worth a thousand words!!!!! Know what I mean:cool:

Heres my number
931-320-4187

Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
281 views and not 1 picture :)eh:) Didnt know Rope Deflectors was Top Secret Shit :duh:

·
149 BGJ-Willis Power 540
538 Posts
Hey guys I have to make a rope deflector and just lookin for some ideas

Let me see what ya got

NJBA Rule Book States:

11. A device will be required on all boats, which will deflect the holding rope over the highest point of the boat. Minimum specifications 3/4 x .049 tubing mounted at an approximate 45 degree angle and attached at both ends.

http://www.performanceboats.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=153408&d=1332382960

The hammer is just there

Willis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts