Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Going to build a BBC 496, witch rotating Assembly is Better Eagle or Scat.
Going in a heavy ass jet boat, with AFR 305 heads....
Eagle Specialty Products B11113060 - Eagle Competition Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
or
SCAT Engine Components 1-42360-60 - Scat Engine Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Thanks for any input you may have.

I used an Eagle kit with .030 pistons and stock stroke. It has the good capscrew rods and neutral balance Crank. Not sure what your' kit has there, but I got it through my machine shop for about $300.00 cheaper than Summit offered it. (I paid around $1650.00 as I recall)
They did have to rebalance everything and "tune" up the rods and Crank for clearances, but thats mandatory anyway in my book.
Been running great for 1 1/2 seasons.

Most of the guys on here seem to prefer Scat.
Next time when I stroke it I'll probably go Scat, or piece it out with better stuff.

·
AKA Blownjet 468
1,205 Posts
like said- I prefer SCAT, but I have seen "blem" type stuff come from both- make sure
you have the stuff checked out whether scat or eagle.....;)

·
1,814 Posts
Going to build a BBC 496, witch rotating Assembly is Better Eagle or Scat.
Going in a heavy ass jet boat, with AFR 305 heads....
Eagle Specialty Products B11113060 - Eagle Competition Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
or
SCAT Engine Components 1-42360-60 - Scat Engine Rotating Assemblies - Overview - SummitRacing.com
Thanks for any input you may have.
scat is the sh!tcouldn't resist. i used a scat crank & it cracked after motor failed (hammered the mains completely out , bearing meterial blocked the oil passage)but ran fine for a long timebefore that. i believe i egged out some eagle rods on a 460 fairly stock motor so i would not buy eagle stuff again.i bought a callies this last time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts