Performance Boats Forum banner

Rough morning I lost my little one! "RIP Ginger"

3K views 38 replies 38 participants last post by  Ziggy 
#1 ·
RIP Ginger

I posted this on RDP and thought the many boaters out there who had the chance to let thier kids play with her and the others who got a smile when they seen her on the HDD should know!;)

This Saturday morning at 1:00AM my wife and I lost our one of our furry children. We have been married for over 22 years and these were our kids. The Black and Tan was my wifes and Ginger was my Baby!

Ginger was diagnosed with heart murmur about 2 years ago.
This can lead to Congestive Heart Failure, if the valve problem progresses it will become leaky and blood will flow back wards through the heart.
Not all dogs with heart murmurs will develop Congestive Heart Failure.

About few months ago she started to get signs of a more rapid breathing, the first signs of "CHF". This is treated with medication and they can live months to years without problems.

She was doing really good and pretty much normal all they way up to her checkup yesterday. She had some blood drawn at the Vet and on the way home she got sick and her breathing went from about 30 per second to about 60. It elevated to the 80's and we took her to ER. At about midnight I got the call she had a heart attack and they revived her. At 1:00am we said our last goodbye's.

This was such a shock as she showed no signs and did her walk in the morning. Appearantly the trip to the Vet had traumatized her enough during the visit that she stresed her heart and damaged it enough it started the later signs of CHF.

Unless your a dog lover you just can't put into words the lose. My wife is having a tough time loosing her baby.

It hasn't completely set in for me and I have to keep strong for my wife. Time will heal!

Its going to be a long summer on the boat without her.:(

DAR

See less See more
#6 ·
Man, I'm sorry to hear that Glenn-gi. :( :( :(

#21 ·
Im extremely sorry to hear that.... I feel your pain. I lost mine a few months ago.... it changed my life forever. Few if anyone if as loyal as some pets.... or as close. They say it gets easier every day.... hooowey.... it still hurts every day.
But thats life.... I hope you heal/deal with it better than me.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.