Performance Boats Forum banner

Rough Ride

Tags
ride rough
4K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Eliminator 4 Life 
#1 ·
Well I have been going to the Eliminator regattas for 17 years now and I must say this was my worst ride home from Havasu about 30 mins out of Laughlin I blew a tire. Got my spare put on then 20 miles from the Essex road exit I blew another. Senorpdog, 26lavey525, Jake at Eliminator and my AAA agent Shawna thanks to all you guys for helping me get on the road and thanks to JR's tires in ESSEX for having some tires. An 8 hour drive turned into a 14 hours drive well I made it home finally

#6 ·
Yea your right but they called me and said they needed some money to keep the lights on so I dropped off a deposit haha:D (harrahs)

#5 ·
Sounds like your troubles were between Mountain Springs Rd and Goffs. Is JR's that little rundown place with all the tires piled up outside on Route 66? That's my way to the river and pass it all the time. Were the prices somewhat reasonable? Sometimes it's just good to finally hit the driveway......

#7 ·
Actually the guy was very cheap he got me two tires for 120 and they are firestones. That is the place real nice guy and very honest. I was passed Goffs already called a few places to bring a tire to me some guys wanted 700 some wanted 600 some guy from barstow was 280.

#10 ·
"And to make matters worse, some A-HOLE was dumping his septic tank in their MO-HO while driving south on Hwy 15, as I was changing my 2nd tire.. Got hit by this Fog/Mist of shit.. Think my mouth mighta been open a bit too.."

LMAO
I suffered a similar experience years ago. Same thing while changing a tire. Got a nose and mouthful. By the way, I only travel with trailer rated tires anymore. No more cool soft sided T/A's or other like kind.
Geoff

#12 ·
Sorry to hear about your rough ride home, that sucks!!!!

*It was nice meeting you friday night!

Take care. :)
Thanks Jamie. It was very nice to have met you too. Sorry I had a few cocktails I had to unwind after my drive there that was incident free thank god:D

#17 ·
That sucks. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Thank you for going out of your way for me. Hope to see you soon.

XXOO

D
AWW you know anything for you;)

#20 ·
I'm sure the trip was worth it...hella cool huh. Hope to see you before the next regatta.
Our nightly parties were well worth it haha. Yes definatley before the next regatta:)devil

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.