Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BBC News - US anti-gay rights senator Roy Ashburn comes out
:eek:mg:Roy Ashburn the GOP California state senator who has voted repeatedly against gay rights came out of the closet recently.:)gay:( :gay:Chalk up another example of GOP hypocritical sexual deviance.hil:)

How do you conservatives, especially the religious ones, explain this? Why is it always the staunch anti gay legislators that end up secretly being gay themselves?

·
Registered
3,616 Posts
Is he anti gay rights or is he just one of many gay people who are opposed to some of the causes that gay activist groups and the political left like to call "gay rights"?

If he truly has been anti gay rights, then perhaps he is demonstrating a behavior that some call "Projection". Ie, "The Lady doth protest too much, me thinks".
It is no doubt the same kind of thing that Dem leaders are doing when they pretend that they don't like poverty or when they go around calling other people racist......:)bulb;)

·
Registered
3,616 Posts

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
. . . Seriously, I can't imagine any possible reason a "conservative", especially a religious one, would feel the need to explain the above. Only "liberals" seem to feel the need to explain or share the guilt of other peoples actions. Most libertarians and true conservatives have too much respect for their own and others individuality to have such a shallow collectivist mindset..
Excellent response!

The libs are cherry picking again. hil:) I wonder if they are scrutinizing those from their own party as well?

Oh that's right, the double standards come into play here as they overlook tax cheats, communists, and those of alternative lifestyles from their so called party who currently sit in the administration of our country by the invitation of the only president to exceed Jimmy Carter in ineptitude in our nation's history. hil:)

·
Registered
6,917 Posts
Kind of a sad story. Fortunately the guy didn't kill himself in shame like many do. Harsh antiquated religious doctrine is the primary reason and justification for the ingrained hate and shame so many like him have to suffer through.
If religions really had any true credibility, they, by now, would have all universally come out and said that god does not have anything against homosexuals. Similar to when the Mormon church came out with an epiphany that black people were OK.
It is modern times folks. Religious and cultural intolerance needs to be eliminated sooner or later.

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Severe behavioral problem,Muslims have a way of dealing with that.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
"Staunch anti-gay conservative comes out" I always was suspicious of old Jesse Helms, republican senator from NC......"Doth protest to much".....He also was worried that communist Cuba was going to subvert the USA.....10 mil against 300 mil...:cuckoo:

Of course, a lot of religious conservatives believe the best way to take care of a scandal is to cover it up......witness the priest sex-abuse scandal.

·
Premium Member
6,008 Posts
Not sure ramadan, when you're at dinner tonight with barney fag ask him.

When he has his limo drop you off at your mom's house in the morning you can post his reponse.:)sphss:)hand:)hand

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
But Franks call boy operation from his house is OK with the NO Morals anything goes left?

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The libs are cherry picking again. hil:) I wonder if they are scrutinizing those from their own party as well?
Hey Doc, how many Democrats have a record of voting against gay rights and then come out of the closet? I think you GOP boys have a monopoly on that one.hil:) And the whole thing wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the GOP beating the "family values" drum and trying to legislate morality.:)sphss

·
Banned
5,950 Posts
Why!!?

BBC News - US anti-gay rights senator Roy Ashburn comes out
:eek:mg:Roy Ashburn the GOP California state senator who has voted repeatedly against gay rights came out of the closet recently.:)gay:( :gay:Chalk up another example of GOP hypocritical sexual deviance.hil:)

How do you conservatives, especially the religious ones, explain this? Why is it always the staunch anti gay legislators that end up secretly being gay themselves?

Just to piss you Donkeys off:)hand

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
Hey Doc, how many Democrats have a record of voting against gay rights and then come out of the closet? I think you GOP boys have a monopoly on that one.hil:) And the whole thing wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for the GOP beating the "family values" drum and trying to legislate morality.:)sphss
:)devil

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I suppose you would have to be raising your own children to understand.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Missing the point

Seems like some are missing the point. Mr. Ashburn explained that he voted the way he did because that was what his constituents wanted. What a novel idea. Seems like Mr. Ashburn may be somewhat confused about his sexual orientation but pretty clear on who he works for.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
OK! Both left feet...again! I would love to have a world where I didn't have to know about gay guys (Gay...actually bi...women are ok!), but it ain't a perfect world, and I figure what people do in the privacy...I told a gay co-worker once that I didn't like seeing two guys grab-azzing in public...he said "You wouldn't mind a regular couple.." "No, I don't particularly think that's something for anybody to do in public!" I guess I'm a prude...:)sphss

By the way, that damn picture is going to give me nightmares, tonight.....:yikes:

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Seems like some are missing the point. Mr. Ashburn explained that he voted the way he did because that was what his constituents wanted. What a novel idea. Seems like Mr. Ashburn may be somewhat confused about his sexual orientation but pretty clear on who he works for.
Would Ashburn have even been elected if his constituents knew he was a gay?

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm as conservative as most will ever get. Do I hate gays? NO! Do I know some? Of course, and I consider them friends. Do I approve of their choice?
Of course - for them! We each will choose what we want. It's our God given right to make such choices and we each will make choices throughout our lives for which we'll one day answer good or otherwise. I further believe what happens in the privacy of one's own residence is that person's business but I certainly do not want many of man's choices to be legislated as acceptable for all of society. I would disapprove of sending my child to school where every one of his/her teachers openly professed an alternative lifestyle as much as I would have them taught by openly professed heroine addicts. My teachers and coaches were valued role models and many of them left indelible impressions on my life for good or otherwise.

Since the beginning of time it has taken the union of a man and a woman to populate society and all the legislation in the world won't change nature. Personally, I prefer to see the traditional family include a Mother and Father. I'm just funny that way and I will not be supporting any legislation that mandates alternatives under the same title of marriage.

·
Banned
3,397 Posts
Doc, I agree...the teacher thing is a real hard one for me....I don't mind a teacher being gay, but don't go waving the rainbow flag in front of kids; Kids have enough trouble sorting the world out without having more stuff to sort out....they don't need stuff thrown in their faces....but let me make this perfectly clear; ANY abuse of chidren for their choices, by classmates, should not be tolerated....I have to say, I'm glad I didn't have a clue until I was 13...made life a lot simpler.....Sometimes I think I still don't have a clue....:)sphss:)coffee

·
Banned
6,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Since the beginning of time it has taken the union of a man and a woman to populate society and all the legislation in the world won't change nature. Personally, I prefer to see the traditional family include a Mother and Father. I'm just funny that way and I will not be supporting any legislation that mandates alternatives under the same title of marriage.
Here's a hypothetical question: If one of your grandson's turned out to be gay, you would not support him finding someone and marrying them? Look at all the joys marriage has brought you; you would deny him the same joys you have experienced?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts