Performance Boats Forum banner

Rub Rail or No Rub Rail

7K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  Project Bahner 
#1 ·
Im in the prosses of the stripdown and wondered if i really need them :rolleyes:

#8 ·
the cost to repair a RR might be pennies to the cost of a cap repair, but if you take as good of car of your boat as your car, maybe you wouldn't be hitting docks???? I dont know, Just throwin' it out there.
everyone I hang out with seems to take better care of their boat rather even their tow vehicles! lol
...and its not that much work!??

#16 ·
I have the same dilema. Capped looks 1000% better. But I am stuck because the original gelcoat is metalic silver with graphics.

Capping would mean a paint job, and I am not ready to give up the gelcoat that is in pretty good shape. At least I can still hit stuff. :)

#19 ·
My boat came with pin striping that the previous owner put on. I peeled some of it off and found a seam. I thought that it might be some sort of separation of the hull from the top. I can make out the holes where the rub rail used to be. So this seam is normal?

#23 ·
Capped boats look best if your willing to spend the money or the time. You HAVE to be careful though. You smack that hull in or around the dock or something else its going to suck!:)sphss i say go for it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.