Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so i let the boat sit outside for 2 months now (covered), and I pulled the cover off this morning and found that my white rubrail is starting to turn a pinkish color. :mad: How do fix that? Softscrub, mineral spirits, rubbing compound I've tried it all with no luck, any suggestions?

·
Registered
5,838 Posts
Cool Ill try that, what does it cost to just replace the rubrail on a 21' anyway?

I was thinking of doing this in the winter on my 21. The front had a contersation with a dock with the previous owner and the rub rail is kinda jacked up. Id like get it replace with a chorme rub rail and white bumper insert.

As far as cleaning itt, I use Comet Cleanser.

·
Dos XX
400 Posts
Good luck, this happened to my last boat and well let's just say the new owner has pink rub rails... I tried it all and never got it white again.

·
LHC Architect
1,555 Posts
Ok, so i let the boat sit outside for 2 months now (covered), and I pulled the cover off this morning and found that my white rubrail is starting to turn a pinkish color. :mad: How do fix that? Softscrub, mineral spirits, rubbing compound I've tried it all with no luck, any suggestions?
sun light will bleach it back in a few days;)
lacquer thinner to clean it back to white if you can't wait

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
You can order just the rubber from Rex Marine (L&L the original supplier is out of biz now) for pretty cheap.

RD

·
Too Late!
110 Posts
I had some fuel spillage that turned my rub rail yellowish/brownish in spots... Wouldn't come off with anything... finally called the manufacturer... he said to use sand paper and take it back down a little, then come back in with 2000 to bring back the shine. It was a pain, but it worked.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
I had this problem a few years back and lightly wet sanded it. It worked great but took time. Luckily for me it was isolated to a small area.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts