Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to run my boat need to know what they look for when they tech a boat at lucas?
What do i need in my boat and safety equipment wise. I have a new chute jacket and neck restraint deal to mount to my helmet and getting the ballistic shorts what else do i need?

·
Banned
861 Posts
Want to run my boat need to know what they look for when they tech a boat at lucas?
What do i need in my boat and safety equipment wise. I have a new chute jacket and neck restraint deal to mount to my helmet and getting the ballistic shorts what else do i need?
Say you don't go over 100. Will need all PPE, dot physical, rope deflector, battery shut off, kill switch, throttle stop and numbers on boat and tow vehicle.:thumb:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All PPE as in? And ok cool only thing I need is rope deflector and battery shut off on the boat and does it matter how far it is from the battery or would right next to the battery work? And what of iam over a 100 mph?

·
Registered
6,573 Posts
really depends on how fast the boat is and the class you'll enter. curt gave you the general idea. but, for example, for ME and slower, you don't need a dot physical. for TE and higher, you will need the physical and also apply for a license. there can also be some additional boat requirements depending based on class.

http://www.lucasoildragboats.com/pdf/2013/2013_Rule_Book_Revised.pdf

·
Registered
794 Posts
All PPE as in? And ok cool only thing I need is rope deflector and battery shut off on the boat and does it matter how far it is from the battery or would right next to the battery work? And what of iam over a 100 mph?
Over 100 u need a jet away or pop off. I herd somewhere you're suppose to have grade 8 loader bolts???? I am working on the Same thing AJ :thumb:

·
Banned
861 Posts
Should be certified Lifeline, helmet restraint, snell approved helmet, ballistic shorts, t-shirt, long pants, vans, and last time they wanted it inside at the back of the boat. Jet away or pop off.

·
Banned
861 Posts
Over 100 u need a jet away or pop off. I herd somewhere you're suppose to have grade 8 loader bolts???? I am working on the Same thing AJ :thumb:
Well yeah and they should be drilled and tapped through with self locking nuts.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok should dialed on all the PPE now just to get a battery switch I should be dialed what class are u going to run jake?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill had to figure a way to slow the boat down if I can't run over a hundred...

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Best thing to do is crew with sum guys for a race and get a fill of what's goin on..

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Best thing to do is crew with sum guys for a race and get a fill of what's goin on..
Yea I have a couple times just different when it's your own ride and just trying to make sure I have it All covered!

·
Registered
108 Posts
We run our battery switch next to the battery and have no problems, you will need to wear a long sleeve shirt also! Good luck! Tim

·
It's a sickness
1,354 Posts
Pm me your address and ill send you a 2013 rule book, it will have everything you need, its tough to cover it all with out it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
We run our battery switch next to the battery and have no problems, you will need to wear a long sleeve shirt also! Good luck! Tim
Thanks guy hope to see e trying out there

1 - 20 of 46 Posts