Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whose running ceramic coated headers? How do you like them vs chrome? I am looking into getting mine done in the chrome-like (alluminum mixed in) ceramic, and was wondering how they will hold up to the water injection, and if the ceramic cracks if you drop something on it like a wrench. Thanks guys

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
mine held up very well but a set or rewarders we put on a friends boat(pb member "jetboat") his turned ugly at the spot he had the mufflers in, the ceramic dulled quite a bit there. if you've gotta run muffler, i'd go chrome but that's me.

·
Registered
797 Posts
i love it much better than chrome.
Much cooler (temp) than chrome lots less maintaince:)devil

I had mine done ay wolf's sandblasting in LaMarque TX great job

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Pretty durable stuff , can run dry with very little discoloration , havent had it chip Josh just had his done at Jet Hot in AZ very nice job Tom
That is the "brand" that I am leaning towards, only done in El Paso Texas by El Paso Powdercoating, 350 bones.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
That is the "brand" that I am leaning towards, only done in El Paso Texas by El Paso Powdercoating, 350 bones.
Hit up Tiki here on the board. Embee coatings in So Cal is where he is from and he has a great coating. I have it on mine and I wouldn't go to anyone else. Seen too many coatings go south on other boats and mine have lasted great. Dry or wet! He has a great price too!!!

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Embee did mine, no problems whatsoever. They've been run dry ever since being coated with lots of heat from warmups, N20, and plenty of HP. Still look great.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I had mine done on my old boat from Specialized Coatings in Huntington Beach, ca It was called Chromex.

·
Breathing Diesel
2,111 Posts
I have had a couple sets of ceramic coated ones and have always run them dry and they still look nice!!! Alot cooler running, cool down quicker and less burns off of them ;)

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Embee has done a few sets for me and I cannot say enough about the quality, durability, customer service, and the turn around, Did I say that they are the most reasonably priced too?
714-513-1666

·
Registered
620 Posts
well i agree embee has done some things for me on my pre runner and glamis cars they do killer work and whats nice about ceramic coating take some mothers uluminum polish and a sock and they polish out like aluminum looks killer

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
My headers are coated and I also run dry with no complaints. Cools off fast compared to Chrome.

No personal experiance with Jeff at Embee but I've heard nothing but the very best and he's a good guy.......john

·
Registered
528 Posts
mine held up very well but a set or rewarders we put on a friends boat(pb member "jetboat") his turned ugly at the spot he had the mufflers in, the ceramic dulled quite a bit there. if you've gotta run muffler, i'd go chrome but that's me.

My rewards did the same thing out of the box, their coating is SHIT, my three other pairs have had no problems and look great!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks Guys

I will give Embee coatings a call, Just worried about how much shipping them to so cal will be.

·
Registered
988 Posts
Embee has done a few sets for me and I cannot say enough about the quality, durability, customer service, and the turn around, Did I say that they are the most reasonably priced too?
714-513-1666
I Bought A Pair Of Headers Ceramic Coated From Embee. They Look Great With Over A Season On Them. My Last Pair Was Done By Another Well Known Shop And Went To Sh*t Real Fast. Started Pitting At First Fire Up. Go With Embee.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts