Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well spring is almost here. I would like to know what the proper procedure is for hooking up a hose and running in the driveway.
To prevent over pressuring the motor and to prevent overheating the motor and bluing chrome OTT headers
The way I have been doing it and it may not be right, the hose connector is right after the valve on the pump, so I have been cracking the pump valve and turning the hose on just a bit. But the engine water that is squirting out bypass, out of the rear, seems to be pretty hot.
So I'm asking what the proper procedure is.

Thanks,
Craig

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Water should be around 150 coming outa the rear, headers should be dry and drive shaft should be disconected

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This has been beat up quite a bit, but my procedure is pull drive line if I'm running it for any length of time. Fire motor, slightly turn on the water until I have desired flow out the dumps, do my tuning or whatever, turn off the water, then turn off the motor. No running water from a garden hose if the motor is not running. It may be hard to keep your headers from getting hot and bluing if you're running a Bassett T that doesn't allow water to flow to the exhaust at lower RPM.

·
Idaho Jet
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This has been beat up quite a bit, but my procedure is pull drive line if I'm running it for any length of time. Fire motor, slightly turn on the water until I have desired flow out the dumps, do my tuning or whatever, turn off the water, then turn off the motor. No running water from a garden hose if the motor is not running. It may be hard to keep your headers from getting hot and bluing if you're running a Bassett T that doesn't allow water to flow to the exhaust at lower RPM.
I understand unhooking the driveline. and ok I just wanted to make sure I was doing it right. and I do have a Banderlog Electric valve for the headers if I go over 1500 rpm...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts