Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
A Real Love For Speed
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Bassett headers have rust in-between the tubes.
Can they be Re-Chromed? And if so will they be all dimpled in those areas?
Or do I need to fork out the grand for a new set ?
J.E.T. B.O.A.T. Just Expect To Bring Over Another Thousand

Boz

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
My Bassett headers have rust in-between the tubes.
Can they be Re-Chromed? And if so will they be all dimpled in those areas?
Or do I need to fork out the grand for a new set ?
J.E.T. B.O.A.T. Just Expect To Bring Over Another Thousand

Boz
Just get them ceramic coated and be done with it, places like embee and young guns do great ceramic coats on boats headers for either wet or dry headers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Bass Lake Boz:1844938 said:
Just get them ceramic coated and be done with it, places like embee and young guns do great ceramic coats on boats headers for either wet or dry headers.
How much ball park for a over the transon style?

Boz
When I had my OT headers done by Jet-Hot, it was $300 plus $50 to strip the chrome. Expect to pay for shipping to and from unless there is a shop local.

·
A Real Love For Speed
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys.

This is definitely a cost effective alternative to a new set.

Boz :thumb:

·
Registered
577 Posts
If Embee can resurrect my headers that are stamped 1986 which are older and browner than me... I'll not only pay him but also buy him a pack of Coors light (Mountains will be blue)! Deal or no deal tiki :cool:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I was quoted a similar price from a place in central Ca so 300ish is about the going rate. I have a pair of stainless headers for a BBC I am looking to sell to for about he same price as a ceramic coating.

·
A Real Love For Speed
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I was quoted a similar price from a place in central Ca so 300ish is about the going rate. I have a pair of stainless headers for a BBC I am looking to sell to for about he same price as a ceramic coating.
This sounds very tempting, Do you have some pic's of these?

Thanks,
Boz

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
If Embee can resurrect my headers that are stamped 1986 which are older and browner than me... I'll not only pay him but also buy him a pack of Coors light (Mountains will be blue)! Deal or no deal tiki
:cool:

no problem. bring 'em on down. $250.00 for PB members.

·
Registered
157 Posts
If Embee can resurrect my headers that are stamped 1986 which are older and browner than me... I'll not only pay him but also buy him a pack of Coors light (Mountains will be blue)! Deal or no deal tiki
:cool:

no problem. bring 'em on down. $250.00 for PB members.
thats a great deal. i went somewhere else and payed way more and am not happy with the work at all.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts