Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Queen of La La Land
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any ideas where to RV Beach Camp in the OC/SD areas? All State Beaches are completely booked. Thanks!

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
MRS2lkhvsu..thank you for posting this..i want to take the trailer somewhere besides the dirt for a change...anyone else have some decent beach RV resort info?

·
detachable member
819 Posts
just got back from doheny in dana point....good luck we made reservations in january and barley got a beach front spot :D
all sites full all week I did here you can try overnight stays but you may have to move every day and it's not a garantee you will get a spot. or try everyday for cancellations but those are rare..........good luck :)hand

·
Queen of La La Land
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
just got back from doheny in dana point....good luck we made reservations in january and barley got a beach front spot :D
all sites full all week I did here you can try overnight stays but you may have to move every day and it's not a garantee you will get a spot. or try everyday for cancellations but those are rare..........good luck :)hand
I plan on trying for last minute cancellations, certainly.

How was Doheny??

·
Premium Member
1,393 Posts
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the Bounder... We'll have to hook up again in Havasu, tell Brett I said hello......... :)

·
B1 Racing
6,523 Posts
Elijo and Carlsbad are next to impossible this time of year. San Onofre should be available, thought that was first come first serve. Ive never seen it full I dont think, then again its not anything near as nice as Elijo or Carlsbad however they did re do it last winter.

there is always San mateo which is inland a little in San Clemente or Newport dunes? I think there is something in HB too. Look around online, good luck calling campsites, they never answer the phones.

·
They call me Phildo
107 Posts
There are two other options, Try calling on Wednesday's, thats the last day you can cancel before they charge you for your whole stay or go down there first thing on Saturday morning and get in line hoping someone didn't show. Worst case is you get a day at the beach if everyone shows. There is also Newport Dunes at over 100 a night and the rules are so tight its not that much fun. There are a couple more private campgrounds down in San Diego but I cant remember the names and wouldnt go back anyway.

·
Queen of La La Land
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to see you guys are enjoying the Bounder... We'll have to hook up again in Havasu, tell Brett I said hello......... :)
Yes! We are searching for another Bounder Beach. We're thinking maybe Havasu in October?

Say hello to your lovey ladies, as well :)hand

1 - 20 of 27 Posts