Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was thinking obout putting a name or a number on my boat.
1.should i leave it the way it is?
2.if i put a # on it i see things like bgf then a number.what would it be for a n/a motor in a flat?
3.if its never had a name since 74. would i be in for bad luck?

just would like to know what people think about this subject.

thanks,FAST76ROGERS

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,884 Posts
i was thinking obout putting a name or a number on my boat.
1.should i leave it the way it is?
2.if i put a # on it i see things like bgf then a number.what would it be for a n/a motor in a flat?
3.if its never had a name since 74. would i be in for bad luck?

just would like to know what people think about this subject.

thanks,FAST76ROGERS
BGF is a class designator "blown gas flat"

if your a naturally aspirated flat you choices would be

SF ski flat (460cid with dual 750s max)
CF comp flat (470 cid)
PGF pro gas flat (500cid)

however if you not fitting the rules of any of those you might use a bracket designator

SE stock eliminator (11-11.99 sec index)
ME modified eliminator (10-10.99 sec index)

·
Brendella 2" Runner NoS
188 Posts
NJBA or IHBA?

Great designations, are you referring to NJBA or IHBA (both?). NJBA offers some of us new racers to come down and run, seems like they have a slightly diff't designation. Or, do they just follow the IHBA catagories. In any event, I'm looking at the CE or Comp Flat class, wonder if it would be good to have small "SE/CF" to apply to either next to the larger ###?

BGF is a class designator "blown gas flat"

if your a naturally aspirated flat you choices would be

SF ski flat (460cid with dual 750s max)
CF comp flat (470 cid)
PGF pro gas flat (500cid)

however if you not fitting the rules of any of those you might use a bracket designator

SE stock eliminator (11-11.99 sec index)
ME modified eliminator (10-10.99 sec index)

·
just a ski boat with bark
2,884 Posts
Great designations, are you referring to NJBA or IHBA (both?). NJBA offers some of us new racers to come down and run, seems like they have a slightly diff't designation. Or, do they just follow the IHBA catagories. In any event, I'm looking at the CE or Comp Flat class, wonder if it would be good to have small "SE/CF" to apply to either next to the larger ###?
Actually neither, I'm racing outlaw or SDBA here and just gave a few examples for fast76rogers. I'm sure some of the designators are similar but I haven't seen an IHBA or NJBA rulebook for years. You might check the NJBA and IHBA websites and see what they offer.

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
name?

ok the number thing might be for racers.but what do people think about nameing a boat that never had a name.my rogers jet i changed the name on the boat or i should say added another name to it.after i did that i could not keep a motor in the thing.spun the boat out twice and almost sank it. three years straight the motors blew up intill i took the new name off.dont feel like doing the same for the sanger.am i trippin or is that just boats?
fast76rogers

·
Old Timer
935 Posts
ok the number thing might be for racers.but what do people think about nameing a boat that never had a name.my rogers jet i changed the name on the boat or i should say added another name to it.after i did that i could not keep a motor in the thing.spun the boat out twice and almost sank it. three years straight the motors blew up intill i took the new name off.dont feel like doing the same for the sanger.am i trippin or is that just boats?
fast76rogers
Never change the name of a Boat without the proper Denaming Ceremony. Bad things will happen. Oh ... I see you found that out already. See this link.

http://www.48north.com/mr_offline/denaming.htm

·
Premium Member
1,418 Posts
fast76rogers
I first named my boat thinking no one else had the name, later on out of respect to the guy who already had it before me, I changed it to what it is now. If anything bad has ever happened it was my fault, not some name changing voodoo gremlin that hides under the bow waiting to f you over when you least expect it . . . :|err

Besides, if someone else names it IMHO it is not really yours originally, it will always be that other guys boat and compared to when he had it . . . make it your own bro :)devil

Just my two pesos . . . :)sphss

·
Registered
3,840 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Boat names

I purchased a racing hydroplane AGITATOR E-167
The builder raced it as AGITATOR E-70
There is a circle hydro in MI. AGITATOR E-173
I found a pic of a 'A' class hydro AGITATOR from the '40s
There is now a P S 303 AGITATOR flat bottom racing in SO CAL
The restored E-70 AGITATOR made its maiden race after restoration in June.
These are a few of the AGITATORS.

After I repowered my hydroplane in 1965, I named it HOMEWRECKER 99-F. On my first run I set the U G H drag race record.
HARLAN ORRIN

·
i got skiillllzzzz....
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks guys for the input.i just dont want to throw a name or a number on it and have shit happen.im not into bad karma stuff just wanted to hear what other boaters thought of the subject.i think i might leave it the way it is.the boat was painted in 84 and resprayed on the top after the earth quake in 86 when something fell on it in the garage.it has held up over the years.maybe if i found bob hernandez from the san jose area that painted the boat in 84.i would have him paint a name on it.i paint myself but it would be cool to find bob.i still need to get ahold of brian fanning to see if his dad ever called the boat by a name.then i will go from there.thanks,again

fast76rogers

·
Break Out Another Thousnd
2,003 Posts

·
Under yo mommas bed
1,828 Posts
fast76rogers
Just don't use the number 666, thats mine!:D

·
Registered
389 Posts
I first named my boat thinking no one else had the name, later on out of respect to the guy who already had it before me, I changed it to what it is now. If anything bad has ever happened it was my fault, not some name changing voodoo gremlin that hides under the bow waiting to f you over when you least expect it . . . :|err

Besides, if someone else names it IMHO it is not really yours originally, it will always be that other guys boat and compared to when he had it . . . make it your own bro :)devil

Just my two pesos . . . :)sphss
Thats right:)devil

·
Registered
729 Posts
Names

I HAVE OWNED
AVENGER 99 - A
HOMEWRECKER 99- F
GIRLWATCHERS 96 Speed ski.
I now own
THE COLLECTOR #3 Marathon
SEX II
FLAT RAT
I will restore a Schiada to be named
CHECKERED PAST.
HARLAN ORRIN
My offroad racer Land Cruiser was the HAREM TAXI

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.