1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Shit Shit Shit!!!!!!!!!!!

This ruined my night!!!!!!!

"Sorry we no longer have that arm available."

I sent this email to Place Diverter on Sunday and got that reply from them today.:|err

I think I need these style control and steering arms for my very old Place Diverter. Below is a picture of what I currently have, I also have the rudder, it's just not in the picture. Do you still have any of these style controls laying around, that I could purchase from you, and how much would they cost? If so please give me a call anytime at ***-***-****. Thank you.

Alright so who has those arms laying around that they are willing to get rid of. This really crashes my hopes of getting my boat in the water soon!!!!!:|err:(((((:)(((((:)(((((:)|err I guess I'll have to save up my pennies and get a newer Diverter. Damn another $400-$450!!!!!!:|err

Thanks! Rant over, for now.:)Rant

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
last time I checked new place diverters were 600+ bones brother. whats wrong with your arm?

~Brian
I only need the diverter. Already have the shift control thing. Not interested in the ones with the insertable nozzles, that's just more money. Don't want hydrolic (sp?), again more money and more to go bad.

The first one on the site is the one I would need.
http://www.placediverter.com/index.php?page=shop&cid=34

They are non-existent.:)bulb

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
I only need the diverter. Already have the shift control thing. Not interested in the ones with the insertable nozzles, that's just more money. Don't want hydrolic (sp?), again more money and more to go bad.

The first one on the site is the one I would need.
http://www.placediverter.com/index.php?page=shop&cid=34

They are non-existent.:)bulb

Thanks.

You already know that they sell all parts separately, right? So find out what you need to change over to the new style nozzle(white part in your pic). Its better than the one you have with the exposed reverse duct, anyway. Don't you already have the new style reverse gate? Thought I saw it in one of your previous pics

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You already know that they sell all parts separately, right? So find out what you need to change over to the new style nozzle(white part in your pic). Its better than the one you have with the exposed reverse duct, anyway. Don't you already have the new style reverse gate?
That's a damn good idea Oldsquirt!!!!!:)bulb :)devil I never thought about that. As long as the ball is still the same. If it isn't then it would be about the same price as a new diverter to buy just the ball and tube. Anyone got any pics of just the ball?

Thanks.:D

·
Premium Member
984 Posts
That's a damn good idea Oldsquirt!!!!!:)bulb :)devil I never thought about that. As long as the ball is still the same. If it isn't then it would be about the same price as a new diverter to buy just the ball and tube. Anyone got any pics of just the ball?

Thanks.:D
Just give them a call. They are very helpful people. I'll bet the "ball" diameter is the same. It just looks like they shortened the nozzle.

BTW, since I recall you are a welder?, why not fab up the required reverse cable bracket? All you really need is a good side shot of one to get the shape right. Might even be able to modify the current style bracket to work.

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just give them a call. They are very helpful people. I'll bet the "ball" diameter is the same. It just looks like they shortened the nozzle.

BTW, since I recall you are a welder?, why not fab up the required reverse cable bracket? All you really need is a good side shot of one to get the shape right. Might even be able to modify the current style bracket
I know, but I'm "young and dumb" and new to the fabricating part. Picked up the welding quick (got my first welding job, after only 2 weeks of welding school,;) lengthening beams for a building, damn those were some pretty beads.:rolleyes:) But, I am still learning most of the fabrication stuff. I'm not very good at fabricating something that I've never seen in person before or have a detailed drawing of (with dimensions).:( Plus the boat is 15 miles from where I work, and the trailer still isn't road worthy, so that would get pretty complicated. I'm saving that as a last resort solution.

I'll give them a call tomorrow. I think I actually have their # programed into my phone.:D

Thanks!:D

·
Registered
269 Posts
HJ,
I am still kind of lost on what you exactly need. I am kind of slow and like pics and such. If I can tig or machine up a bracket or something let me know. I have the new style diverter so I might be able to mock something up using that as a template, but I still do not know what you mean by needing an "arm".
T.J.

·
Registered
8,169 Posts
Fabrication

Fabrication is actually quite simple. First you need to have an idea in your head as to what you need. Then a plan to build it, the material, and the tools. No one is saying the actual work is easy, or simple, just the general concept. Start by drawing pictures, erase, modify, draw some more. Rough scetches are all that is needed, it will become clear in your head as you progress, change, erase, re draw, etc etc.....Fabrication has been quoted as "carving an elephant out of granite"......Take a granite block, and cut away everything that doesn't look like an elephant.......Don't rate you abilities short, give it a shot, you never know what you can accomplish until someone tells you you can't do it!!!...MP

PS: once you have it on paper it will be a lot easier to get a little help in the areas where you need assistance..........

·
Registered
419 Posts
HJ,
I am still kind of lost on what you exactly need. I am kind of slow and like pics and such. If I can tig or machine up a bracket or something let me know. I have the new style diverter so I might be able to mock something up using that as a template, but I still do not know what you mean by needing an "arm".
T.J.
If you can not get it that way- Why not modify one of our arms- It would work- Some weld if I can not find a Raw One & light machine. Dave 888-246-5075

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
HJ,
T.J.
Here you go, these are the two best pictures I've gotten of them (actually the only pictures I have of them), thanks a million hotrod!!!!:)devil

I need both of the control arms. Boat didn't come with either of them. Didn't even have a diverter when I got it, it was sitting in a box that came with it.

The arrows point to the two separate control arms.

Thanks!:D

HJ,
T.J.
Where in CT are you? I've got a brother that goes to UCONN.

Attachments

·
Registered
307 Posts
HJ,
Looking at the pic that you posted and the one that TJS posted, I think that you could solve your problem by using the new versions of both control brackets. Then you would need to only replace the reverse gate.

I think Place answered exactly the question you asked - "do you have these control brackets shown in the picture". If I remember correctly, the complete diverter you show above was a low profile option to go under a swim platform.

What you need to ask is "do you have brackets I could make work with this diverter". And like suggested above, a phone call will likely do wonders in breaking down any communications barriers.

Good luck.
Doug

·
Registered
2,510 Posts
What you could do is take photos from both sides of your diverter and email Tim Place and tell him you are sending him the photos for reference and that you'll be calling. That would give him a better idea what you are talking about and what you actually have. Dad is still very much involved in the shop and between them they should tell you one way or the other if they can help. If they can't, eBay it and go for a new one. Tom at Jet Boat Performance has them on sale now.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Our parts guy has "this" which is for place diverter and is pretty sure we have one for a Berk too altho he said this one will prolly fit. We're looking for the other arm and found one similar but not exact.

This peice is about $125

Attachments

·
jetboataholic
2,798 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Our parts guy has "this" which is for place diverter and is pretty sure we have one for a Berk too altho he said this one will prolly fit. We're looking for the other arm and found one similar but not exact.

This peice is about $125
:))eek:))

$125!!!

Little bit high there!!!:)bulb

Direct from Place Diverter website, Steering Arm (manual): $91.
http://www.placediverter.com/index.php?page=prices

Direct from Tim Place's mouth last time I called him, $70.

And the Control Arm on the website is $58.

His price quote for the Control Arm was $44.

Thanks though.:D Maybe if that price drops a little, but not at that much.:)hand

1 - 20 of 56 Posts