Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I for one was shocked to hear it is still open. But I guess the Sac 6 is closing this July. Anyone else go there as a kid or teenager?
I remember going in the 70's and early 80's when the Sacramento Drags were still an event. Hot rods were everywhere. My older brother talking smack and people grudge racing after :D Hell I even got laid a couple of times in the back of my mini-truck at that place:D It was 88/89 mini-trucks were cool.:)devil
I was thinking of going one last time with the wife and kids before it closes.
Anyone else want to go? Maybe a group?
We can sit out under the smog, drink a beer or two, watch a bad picture with bad sound and talk about boats :D

·
Banned
49 Posts
Well I for one was shocked to hear it is still open. But I guess the Sac 6 is closing this July. Anyone else go there as a kid or teenager?
I remember going in the 70's and early 80's when the Sacramento Drags were still an event. Hot rods were everywhere. My older brother talking smack and people grudge racing after :D Hell I even got laid a couple of times in the back of my mini-truck at that place:D It was 88/89 mini-trucks were cool.:)devil
I was thinking of going one last time with the wife and kids before it closes.
Anyone else want to go? Maybe a group?
We can sit out under the smog, drink a beer or two, watch a bad picture with bad sound and talk about boats :D
That is sad to hear. I also have some fond memories of that place. I remember going with my parents as a kid to see some G rated movie and trying to look out of the back window at another screen showing an R rated movie and trying to catch a glance of some boobs without my Mom catching me. And then there was all the times in high school...two words....stink finger. I don't think I actually ever closed the deal out there. lol. I think one last trip is definetely in order!!! Just let me know when and I'm there.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
not from the sac area but have gottin some nice face plants in the front seat of the ol" lowrider at that place:)devil:D

·
Premium Member
892 Posts
Closed the deal more than once out there in the 70's in the back seat of my GTO. I'm still recovering from the food at the snack bar.

·
pay me or pay me no mind
3,269 Posts
I've never been to a drive in movie...so I'm definitely up for going.
not my type but if you can perform like some of sac's finest...ill pay for the movie part...lmao...joking...yes its a joke:D

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So if we are going to do this I have the May 17th & 31st or June 7th or 28th and then that is it. The Sac 6 Drive In will be no more by July.
What dates work for everyone else?

If we do set a date we need to be somewhat flexible on moving it. If the weather turns and It's going to be cold I can't take a 13 month old out on a cold night.

And we can see an "R" rated movie just for you LIMELIGHT ;) :D My kids will be out by 8:30pm:)devil

·
I'm famous !
7,043 Posts
We still have one in lakeport. We make it an every year affair:D

·
Registered
4 Posts
I would like to take my kids before its gone, I went with my family as a kid and also tried to see some R films from my G rated movie. Just let me know

·
Or Seth, either one
3,270 Posts
I also live just around the corner from there. I havent been to a drive-in movie in about 25 years, so I went the other day. Picture quality sucked, seemed like it was just a little out of focus. But, I completely forgot about it once the movie got going... Just one of those things I guess.

I've never scored at the drive in, so I'll be going back as many times as I can before they close down. :D Don't wan't to feel left out 'n shit.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
So how does Sat. May 31st look for everyone?????
Indiana Jones????
I don't care if the picture or sound sucks. I'll watch it again on DVD when it comes out.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts