Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know the specifics, but I just received a call that Mert passed away this morning.

Rest in peace buddy.

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Some knowledge goes with those guys.

Sorry to hear the news.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
Gonna happen to all of us but still sad to see some the the greats pass and can only hope they found some young'ns to pass their knowledge and experiance down to.
RIP Mert.

Thanks for posting this up Richard.

·
Registered
643 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gonna happen to all of us but still sad to see some the the greats pass and can only hope they found some young'ns to pass their knowledge and experiance down to.
RIP Mert.

Thanks for posting this up Richard.

Hi, John, I am pretty bummed about Mert. He was basically my best friend and adopted Uncle whien I was in high school. We were next door neighboors at the river, and I got to spend every weekend with Mert. When I was sixteen he asked me to work for him and I drove to the old shop in Signal Hill for the summer. Mert was single at that time and I was able to tag along to all of the car and boat races. He treated me like a son, and let me have full use of all of his toys. He spoiled me pretty well, I had use of 100 M.P.H. Rodgers jet boat, desert buggies, sand cars etc. If it belonged to Mert it was mine to use. If I broke it, he made me learn how to fix it. There were no bad days with Mert.

I miss those days, and when kids come into my garage asking questions or want to see what projects I am working on, I stop and think of Mert. He had time for me, so I make time for them.

Rest in Peace Mr. Littlefield you were a great mentor.

·
Half a bubble off
2,467 Posts
That's a great story! Hats off to Mert for teaching you and for you carrying on the tradition. We all should be so lucky.

Take care and talk to you later

·
Just another Wannabe
1,198 Posts
What a great guy. He left a legacy. Both in performance, and how to treat others. Guys like him are getting harder and harder to find.
We are going to miss you, my friend.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Hi, John, I am pretty bummed about Mert. He was basically my best friend and adopted Uncle whien I was in high school. We were next door neighboors at the river, and I got to spend every weekend with Mert. When I was sixteen he asked me to work for him and I drove to the old shop in Signal Hill for the summer. Mert was single at that time and I was able to tag along to all of the car and boat races. He treated me like a son, and let me have full use of all of his toys. He spoiled me pretty well, I had use of 100 M.P.H. Rodgers jet boat, desert buggies, sand cars etc. If it belonged to Mert it was mine to use. If I broke it, he made me learn how to fix it. There were no bad days with Mert.

I miss those days, and when kids come into my garage asking questions or want to see what projects I am working on, I stop and think of Mert. He had time for me, so I make time for them.

Rest in Peace Mr. Littlefield you were a great mentor.
Great story, I called Littlefield blowers one time and had several questions about a combo I was putting together. Talked on the phone for about an hour about it and other B.S. At the end of the conversiation I said that I appriciated all the info and if I could have his name. He said I'm Mert,,,,,,, I paused not realizing who I had been talking to and replied something to the effect of "Oh shit Mr. Littlefield" he said no, its Mert. Cool guy RIP

1 - 9 of 9 Posts