Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have two flats and a cruiser, what lakes can i play with my toys??????????:)devil

There is detroit lake would be great for a crusier...gets kinda windy and choppy at times for the flats.

Devils lake down on the coast is a great place for the flats

the willamette river if ya know where all the gravel bars are can be fun

you can go alot of direction out of Salem and find some great lakes

·
Registered
964 Posts
I have two flats and a cruiser, what lakes can i play with my toys??????????:)devil
We found another lake over the weekend that was great.....for 4th of july weekend it wasnt even close to being crowded....Packard creek camp ground has a day use area with has a nice swiming area and decent boat ramp.

the lake is called Hills creek right out of oakridge

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/campgrounds/packard_creek.html

http://www.fs.fed.us/r6/willamette/recreation/tripplanning/trails/larison/index.html

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
964 Posts
Is dexter ok for speed or noise??? when can you run up there? I just moved to grants pass and can not find ANYONE or ANYWHERE to go!!!!:)bulb

well down in ashland about 42 miles south of grantspass theres Emigrant Lake, then a litte to the east of that is the Hyatt Reservoir and howard prarie lake...I have never been there but on are way to shasta we stopped in ashalnd to eat breakfast and saw alot of boats heading out that way...something ya might want to check on, and maybe klamath lake...

Dorena is a small lake but is nice out of cottage grove

Hills creek lake right out of oakridge is big and not alot of boats and thats east of Dexter. I dont know if you would have a problems at dexter? I have never seen any flats or jets there.

·
a.k.a WHIPLASH #180
944 Posts
Is dexter ok for speed or noise??? when can you run up there? I just moved to grants pass and can not find ANYONE or ANYWHERE to go!!!!:)bulb
NO! Dexter is not a good place to run. Not only will the cops be all over you, but you will also impact the CDBA. Some of the home owners in the area don't like the races, let alone someone running with open exhaust at other times.
You can go a couple more miles and run at Fern Ridge with no problems.
You can even get a test permit that allows you to run no #'s and open headers!!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.