Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
CENTURION BOATS presents the 2008 Salton Sea Speedweek
To all of our sponsors, particpants, and fans who showed up to make the CENTURION BOATS presents the 2008 Salton Sea Speedweek such a history making success!

On behalf of RPM RACING ENTERPRISES and P.O.P.R.A. we'd like to thank Centurion Boats, D.A.C.E, East Valley Historical Society, Riverside County E.D.A., Teague Custom Marine, Bio-Kleen, The Solder Joint, AMF Racing, McMahon Construction of San Diego and Clairemont Equipment Rental & Shaker Shirts.

I would also like to thank the staff: Fred Hauenstein, John Castelli, Brian Wilson, Doug Rea, Jay Littlejohn, Ernie Dawe, Ray Wheeler, Jeff Conant, Dale & Chad Lansberry, Chad Christianson, Troy Juve, Tom Brunner, Ann Hoban, LaJuan Pedro, Yvette Tuit, Roger Carr, Kenny Scoville, Pat Hoban, Scott Houghton, Bob Teague, The entire P.O.R.T. Rescue team, Mark Yates, Jennie Kelly, Jeff Hays, The Salton Sea State Park Superintendent Kathy Dice and staff. Gordon Jennings and crew along with Tony Scarlata and Jerry Cotter for their help with the rescue boats.

Last but not least Thank You again to Rick Lee of Centurion Boats for giving me the impetus to put on this great event and for all your help along with Kevin Cooper President of P.O.P.R.A. for working together on another great event!

The facility was great and that water and weather conditions proved that records will fall at the fastest body of water in the world! I believe next years event will be even bigger and better than this years with the word that is now out about the various records that were broken and the new ones that were established. I am working on a Manufacturer's challenge or day for just the manufacturer's and "sportsman" to come out and run through the 5/8 mile traps for bragging rights.

Here are the A.P.B.A./ U.I.M. Records:

Super Stock: Boat #80 "Wild Child", Speed: 125.507 mph
Driver: Dave Bryant, Mesa, AZ
Owner: Dave Rankin, Hacienda Heights, CA

Cracker Box: Boat #P-66, "Mr. Magoo", Speed: 107.294 mph
Driver: Dwight Moody Jr. Santa Ana, CA
Rider: Bob Overcash Duarte, CA

Comp Jet: Boat # 313, Speed: 98.493 mph
Owner/Driver: Harold Bruce, Cerritos, CA
(Note: This record is pending APBA approval for COMP JET as a bona fide class for 2009)

Here are the P.O.P.R.A. Records:
Class: Cat Lite
Boat # 77, Team AMSOIL - Bob Teague / Paul Whittier Speed: 131.981 MPH

Sportsman Twin Vee Supercharged
Team Extreme - Justin Jones / Dave Trauffer Speed: 88.608 MPH

Sportsman Performance 1
Boat # 16, Team In The Red - Troy Juve / George Cortez Speed:120.414 MPH

Sportsman Twin Vee Nat. Asp.
Team AVR - "Super" Dave Kutscher / Todd Peterson Speed:104.122 MPH

Sportsman Single Diesel
Team Skunk Works - "Super" Dave Kutscher / Todd Peterson / Tom Brunner / Brian Schienle / Brad Johnson / Scott Childs jr. Speed: 44.204 MPH

Sportsman 24' Cat Single Supercharged
Team HTM2 - Thaddeus Findley jr. / Cayle Carter Speed:109.950 MPH

Sportsman 28' Cat Twin Supercharged
Team Eliminator - Tony Charimante Speed: 143.829 MPH

Congratulations again to all participants and I look forward to next years event!

Ross Wallach, RPM RACING ENT.

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
Nice job Ross. I had never been there so it was neat to see the place. I still think you should of taken up my offer to let Pat Eason work the crane to weigh Rankins boat after setting the record. What could of happened? Worse thing is a mistake on the wrong lever and the boat would of been the worlds fastest SS bowrider.....:D

·
Registered
3,245 Posts
By the way. Congrats to all the guys who set records. That's a hell of along way to hang it out. Dave & Tony looked to be having the time of there life. Kilo's can be boring at times but when you know the guys personally and the time & effort they have in making the boat and engine become 1 and get the most they can out of it you wish the best for them and it makes it exciting. Congrats to the Mr.Magoo crackerbox. Of course i'm partical to the FORD so that was cool....:)devil

·
Members only
4,518 Posts
Nice job Ross. I had never been there so it was neat to see the place. I still think you should of taken up my offer to let Pat Eason work the crane to weigh Rankins boat after setting the record. What could of happened? Worse thing is a mistake on the wrong lever and the boat would of been the worlds fastest SS bowrider.....:D
I am convinced that boat was illegal! I heard it had a bunch of shit in there that wasn't in the rule books!:)coffee

·
Registered
275 Posts
That was a lot of fun. I look forward to next years , hopefully with more boats. They ran through the boats Saturday afternoon pretty good when they started to worry about time. Hopefully next year they will start that on Friday morning.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts