Performance Boats Forum banner

San Diego, motor and head guy?

2K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  larrymiersch 
#1 ·
Does anyone know a good motor and head guy in North County San Diego? or even close by there? Thanks

#5 ·
The down low

I guess I can explain what's going on. I bought my boat 2 years ago now. It was in pieces with a rebuilt motor on the side of it. I went to the builder of that motor (santa ana speed shop) trying to geta build sheet onit, but he couldn't find it Because he built it 2 years prior to me going in there. All that he can come up with is that it is 30 over, forged pistons, 781 gm heads cleanedup and decked to get 9.5/1 compression. I had to remove 60 thousandth on each side of my intake just to fit the heads right. He couldn't remember what cam just that it would sound good and not have reversion.
Any ways the motor has been running awsome thanks to CnJ engineering for my carb. It pushes my 21' fully loaded 2 people to 62 mph gps.
Lately ive noticed on start up im seeing a little white/bluish smoke from the exhaust. then goes away. So ive been keeping a good eye on my oil levels. Im having to put a quart in everytime I fill my gas tanks ( about 30gal) my oil color still looks really good like it has No carbon in it. im assuming it's going thru my vavle guides. I wanted to talk to someone about my options I guess and to see whati really have. I confirmed the pistons and decked heads and thr bottom end looked like it all wieght matched same with pistons.....

#10 ·
I'm crushed.... he doesn't have the 528" pump gas Ford on his FB page .... :)Unsure

S CP ;)

#13 · (Edited)
Builders

As mentioned in earlier posts, there are quite a few in your area. I agree. Mike Miller is a great choice. However, if you want another option, there is also Brit Bostick in Ramona. His shop is called NuTech Engine Systems. His number is 760-440-3029. He has a ton of experience in a variety of areas and has a complete machine shop as well. He is full a full service shop and builds motors ranging from ski boats to nitro burning dragsters.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.