Performance Boats Forum banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have always heard that the Sanger Family Ski-Flats were not intended for big HP or speed (say, over 80 mph). I've had several '70's era Sanger true flats (inc. one gullwing).
My question is what's the big deal if this model Sanger has a very slight V back to the transom? I know of and have owned several other brand V-bottom V-drives (19' Hallet for instance) and they were all quite stable at 100+ mph. Does anyone have first-hand experience running a Sanger Family Ski-Flat with over 700 hp and speeds in the 100 mph range? Sure would be honored if Harlan would chime in.
Thanks, Jocko
Have an 82 19' Family Ski-Flat runner. Runs in Denver (altitude)
I have always heard that the Sanger Family Ski-Flats were not intended for big HP or speed (say, over 80 mph). I've had several '70's era Sanger true flats (inc. one gullwing).
My question is what's the big deal if this model Sanger has a very slight V back to the transom? I know of and have owned several other brand V-bottom V-drives (19' Hallet for instance) and they were all quite stable at 100+ mph. Does anyone have first-hand experience running a Sanger Family Ski-Flat with over 700 hp and speeds in the 100 mph range? Sure would be honored if Harlan would chime in.
Thanks, Jocko
Have a 82 19'6 Sanger Family Ski 88 mph Denver (altitude) 6200 rpm. Ran over 100 7,200 rpm in Oklahoma. Blown 468, handles great. We have had over 30 years

Attachments

·
Distinguished Member
5,782 Posts
Have an 82 19' Family Ski-Flat runner. Runs in Denver (altitude)

Have a 82 19'6 Sanger Family Ski 88 mph Denver (altitude) 6200 rpm. Ran over 100 7,200 rpm in Oklahoma. Blown 468, handles great. We have had over 30 years
Wow, I remember this thread, almost 10 years old now. Your Sanger is one of the earliest of the Family Ski runner bottoms. I've only seen 1 other. I wanted one of those really badly back when they were new, but couldn't afford it at the time. Still very cool, one of my favorite Sangers....

41 - 43 of 43 Posts