Performance Boats Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
clueless
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well, it Ended up being 1020.00, higher than the original estimate. Needless to say I wasn’t all that happy about that part of the deal.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Its all one unit, I will have an access in the top of the tunnel to access v drive and front of driveline. I’ll still be using the driveline guard as the seat doesn’t go all the way back to the engine. Once I get all th corners glassed and the unit as structurally sound as I can make it I’ll cut the bottom out of the rear tunnel for driveline clearance and the top access. The whole assy will be secured with 4 bolts. Will take just a few minutes to remove if need be.

Chris
Hey Chris, what did you use for the mounting brackets? Got a pic? Thanks!

·
clueless
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I used the seat mount angle brackets that I had the buckets mounted to in the front and they’re bolted to the glassed in seat brackets in the hull. For the rear I made spacers out of plywood, glued and resined then thru bolted seat, spacer and engine rail. Ideally I should and probably will glass in another mount to the hull a little outboard of the stringers for some additional support in the back but they do seem pretty rock solid as they are. I left the seat base full thickness where the bolts feed thru and drilled a shallow relief in the bottom of each cushion for the bolt head. I’ll take a couple pics when I get off work.

Chris

·
Registered
118 Posts
Sangerskier, I know this is an old thread, but I am finally at the point where I am trying to figure out how to mount the same seat configuration in the exact same boat. Do you have pictures of your bracket set-up and how you got access to the nuts to bolt it in? Seems only way I can think of doing it to get access is to have the bracket outboard of the stringers but would like some support inboard as well. Thanks!!!!

21 - 26 of 26 Posts