Performance Boats Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
While I've been one of Jim's critics, I'll be more than happy to 'help out'. Jim, put your pride aside and post a venue to accept help from other 'river people'.
Rio

Thank you to everyone for your thoughts and comments, it really means a lot to us.
Jim, Donna and Amanda

We would also like to give a very special thanks to our fellow Comp Jet Drivers and Teams that were at Parker this past weekend for their donation.

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Mark Moyle(spelling)??? Put that together. It was his idea to raise the money for you Jim. He got the jet guys together and suggested the fundraiser. Jim, I do feel for your situation. I am truly glad that you got your boat back in one piece as well......

BUT....This was a business venture for you. YOu were trying to make money by attempting to tow somebody . YOu put your life and boat at risk for the purpose of a financial gain. Jim, tell us why we should donate money to your business. I don't think that you should be attempting this type of work without the proper training or equipment. You may end up hurt or sinking your boat again.

Please understand that this is not an attack on you or your business. I am personally not going to give you money for your boat recovery business. My money is going to VA.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
If you send this guy a nickel your fuckin crazy..

If you (for some reason that would be completely beyond me) want to make a donation, pay Vessel Assist directly on Sunkin Thunders behalf. If you don't you'll live to regret it mark my words.

RD

·
Resident Ford Nut
10,075 Posts
My bet is 6 pages in 4 days ;)

S CP :D

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Post up some pics of the boat Jim.

I heard you mention some transom damage in the video. How bad is it?

Did'nt you have insurance on your boat being it was a part (or tool) of your buisiness venture? Your insurance should cover a majority of the cost.

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
Post up some pics of the boat Jim.

I heard you mention some transom damage in the video. How bad is it?

Did'nt you have insurance on your boat being it was a part (or tool) of your buisiness venture? Your insurance should cover a majority of the cost.
Insurance would also cover the cost of the recovery less a deductible..

2 : 1 says no insurance on his boat, or "business" insurance on the unsuspecting people that would use the service. I.E. he sinks someone elses boat and they would've been on their own.

10 will get ya 20 for any takers..

RD

·
Banned
3,605 Posts
Although I have looked and asked how to make a donation I have yet to find out how to. When I first read the story it sounded like a boater helping out a fellow boater, which is very cool but now it sounds like it was a business venture which is neither good nor bad IMO, but I definately am not going to invest in a business venture that went bad before I invested in it. That would be stupid.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
now it sounds like it was a business venture which is neither good nor bad IMO, but I definately am not going to invest in a business venture that went bad before I invested in it. That would be stupid.
I am not insinuating that it was a business transaction that was taking place. I don’t know the facts as to its origin. It could have been a boater helping a boater out. I was just asking a question as to insurance, being the race boat is sponsored by River rescue and could some how be on the insurance policy in some way.

·
JRPM/e-PerformanceMarine
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Take this however you will, most of you have already made up your minds.

This was NOT a business venture!! Jim was actually leaving to go to Parker for the race when a guy shows up in a car, wife and kids crying and asks if he could help him. Without even blinking, Jim says yes. Boater helping Boater, nothing more nothing less.

Again, Thank you to everyone and their wishes and thoughts!

Donna

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts

This was NOT a business venture!! Jim was actually leaving to go to Parker for the race when a guy shows up in a car, wife and kids crying and asks if he could help him. Without even blinking, Jim says yes. Boater helping Boater, nothing more nothing less.

Donna
So Jim wasn't charging 120.00 per hour to help this fellow boater?

Lets just clarify some other facts here..

Sense Jim was in fact running a tow / salvage / recovery biz.. (Using someone elses TradeMarked name BTW.. "River Rescue") Was he insured for it? Was the boat insured? Was the rate 120.00 per hour? What happened to the website? why take it down? What did Sinkin Thunder say at the end of that video?

Answer any of these questions with some honesty.

That noise you heard BTW was not the transom of Jim's boat "cracking" you'd never hear that as it was under water. That is the sound of the tow boat / secure points loading up. If Jim had any experience with real towing/salvage he would know some of these very basic things.

On the boards, people think he sunk his boat.. A portion of them think he sunk his boat trying to help a fellow "boater." So they want to help..

Fact is, he went to try and make some money with no insurance, the wrong equipment, no license, and ZERO EXPERIENCE to speak of.. He was a commercial venture (And believe me when I say the coast guard is going to be pissed if/when they find out)

On top of it, he tried to tow a jet ski off a dock and ended up with his boat on the bottom of the river.

You can ease up on the "fellow boater" nonsense, makin it sound like he was pulling some other "boater" in trouble..

It was a jet ski, and his lack of experience / knowledge is what put him on the bottom of the river. His lack of license / insurance / equipment etc.. Is what makes it a SCAM and not a business.

SCAM ARTISTS, AND CON ARTISTS ARE NOT WELCOME HERE OR ANYWHERE ELSE IN THE BOATING COMMUNITY.

If you want to talk about a tragedy.. It's when he's sitting in that room with the coast guard trying to explain this shit.. It's gonna get nasty.

RD

·
Registered
354 Posts
?

Donna
I was thinking.... it seems to me that what happend is some what unclear....as stated in the other thread the disabled boat was tied to a dock??? that leads me to think it was broke down? if this is the case why the wife and kids crying(don't see the reason or need to be so upset) FOR ALL THAT READ BETWEEN THE LINES DON'T just asking, things are not aways as they seem. So can i ask what happend? and what someone told someone that told somelse. That IMO could clear up some of this. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,843 Posts
I was thinking.... it seems to me that what happend is some what unclear....as stated in the other thread the disabled boat was tied to a dock??? that leads me to think it was broke down? if this is the case why the wife and kids crying(don't see the reason or need to be so upset) FOR ALL THAT READ BETWEEN THE LINES DON'T just asking, things are not aways as they seem. So can i ask what happend? and what someone told someone that told somelse. That IMO could clear up some of this. Thanks
The disabled boat was a jetski (to clarify)

It was still tied to the now sunk "recovery boat" at 120.00 an hour when the REAL "River Rescue/Vessel Assist" showed up to recover it. I'm just wondering if the Jet skier has to pay all the hours it was hooked up.. LOL :D

I'm telling you guys, if you send this guy a nickel your gonna get taken.

·
Registered
785 Posts
is this why boaters hate jet ski's ?

this thread is hilarious...:D

but, to pull one still tied to the dock ?
never tried that..
i'll donate.. for the beer fund..
this guy needs a cold beer after what happened..and because he stopped to help out a fellow jet skier...as long as it wasn't a seadoo...

did anyone notice the vessel pirate was using a two stroke outboard ? and wellcraft ? or was it a GW ?

i bet he goes to church....
i love the smell of two stroke in the morning...

LOL !

1 - 20 of 72 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.