Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was working in the garage when I see aps( arizona power service) changing ALL the meters in my area. They tell me ALL the meters they power will be read and controlled by satelite and ALL the meter readers are getting laid off(200+lost jobs)

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Maybe they will do it here and the bastards will keep of my lawn!!! :|err

The buggy whip manufactures had to seek other employment when the horseless carriages came along. ;)

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'm not sure I see this as a bad thing. It's a move to current technology. How exactly is this government intervention??
Who said this is government intervention? APS is a subsidiary of Pinnacle West, a publicly traded company. I have that meter and can see how not having a meter reader might save money in the long run for me and APS. Business is not in business strictly for the benefit of employment as some would think.

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Who said this is government intervention? APS is a subsidiary of Pinnacle West, a publicly traded company. I have that meter and can see how not having a meter reader might save money in the long run for me and APS. Business is not in business strictly for the benefit of employment as some would think.

That was my question. The original poster edited his post. He made the comment that it was bullshit and government intervention. Guess I shoulda quoted so I don't look like the guy who thinks it was. I'm in agreement with you.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
That was my question. The original poster edited his post. He made the comment that it was bullshit and government intervention. Guess I shoulda quoted so I don't look like the guy who thinks it was. I'm in agreement with you.
I'll cherish this moment of agreement! :D

·
"On the road again..."
9,356 Posts
Probably feed those readings to a billing agent in India......Grrrr, more corporate greed I tell ya. I'm gonna start paying my bill in ruppees, that'll show em. I bet if I moved to India they'd wouldn't give me a job reading sat readouts.:)sphss

Note: This post is loaded with as much sarcasm as allowed by prior arrangement with staff moderation and is in no way intended to be aimed at the simple minded tender feelings of the left occupying heartland hills to sw valleys.........

1 - 8 of 8 Posts