Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PHOENIX (TICKER) —Arizona Diamondbacks lefthander Doug Davis on Friday was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.
Davis will undergo surgery on April 10 and begin treatment soon after the procedure.
“Our thoughts are with Doug and his family through this time,” Diamondbacks general manager Josh Byrnes said. “We are encouraged by the early prognosis from our medical staff. As an organization, we will support Doug to the best of our ability to ensure a full recovery and a return to the playing field.”
Davis will make his scheduled Cactus League start Friday night against the Colorado Rockies. He also will start two regular-season games before undergoing surgery.
The 32-year-old Davis was 13-12 with a 4.25 ERA last season, his first with Arizona. In 229 career games - including 20 relief appearances - with the Texas Rangers, Toronto Blue Jays, Milwaukee Brewers and Diamondbacks, he is 75-75 with seven complete games, three shutouts and a 4.34 ERA.

Davis worked hard for every success he accomplished and i sure hope he beats this:( Myself, having a son who is a survivor makes me pray harder for him! NSF

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
If it's papillary carcinoma, he should be just fine. I was diagnosed with it 3 years ago and my brother was diagnosed with matastisized thyroid cancer in November. It had spread to his liver and kidneys but the Dr's. say we should both live a long and healthy life!
If you're going to get cancer, your thyroid is where you want it! Papillary thyroid cancer has a 99% cure rate:)devil

·
Registered
3,430 Posts
I had my thryoid destroyed with radiation. They gave me a pill that they took out of a lead jar with the radiation symbol on it and said eat this and don't have close contact with people for a few days:))eek:))

·
Trailer Trash Queen
1,591 Posts
Isn't that a comforting feeling. They won't touch it but you're supposed to ingest it:)violent

1 - 6 of 6 Posts