Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone out have any experience with T and L Engines from Charlotte, NC or Herbert Racing Engines in Lincolnton, NC. I've been looking for a replacement boat engine and want to step up to a 383 or higher with 425 or more H/P to run a jet boat. Located in Williamsburg, VA area and would like to work with someone from the area. Both T and L and Herbert have some good looking engines, just not sure how well they will work in a boat. Welcome any recommendations for builders/suppliers.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the response. I know there are several ways of getting there via Summit, Jegs and other parts supplier. Still looking for anyone that has had a good experience with a local builder in the Southeast.
Best of luck with your build, drop a note when your done, I'd like to hear how well it worked out.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 406" SBC pump gas motor that I may be looking to part with soon. It's a 10:1 engine with aluminum intake and steel dart heads that have been worked, and has a .632" roller cam.

It has pushed my 3600 pound camaro through the 1/4 mile at 10.90 @123 on street tires and through mufflers. Never been on a dyno, but I would estimate it to be around 500-550hp.

It ain't anything beautiful, but that could be changed with a little prep and paint. I dont know anything about jet boats, so not sure how well it would work in there, but let me know if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
When buying a motor for a boat. You have to make sure that it's for a boat. The tollerances(sp) are different in a boat. With a high reving small block the beerings and the rings need to be looser along with the lash. Why dont you go to a big block.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.