Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,
I have a 16’ Tahiti Malibu with a fuel tank in the bow, SBC mechanical fuel pump and a 1450 Holley carb.
I want to replace the fuel system and looking for ways to lay this out. Currently the fuel pump is located behind the instruments it goes to the mechanical fuel pump then to a fuel filter and then to the Holley carb fuel splitter and then into the carb.
I have 6AN hose and plan on going fuel tank -> Holley blue fuel pump -> I was going to replace the mechanical fuel pump with a Holley 12-804 -> Holley fuel regulator with gauge -> fuel filter -> Carb
Space is an issue and mounting. I can fabricate brackets if I need to.
What do you guys think?
Automotive tire Hood Bumper Office equipment Automotive design

Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Gas Plumbing Nickel

·
Registered
183 Posts
Holley blue pumps want clean fuel.
I would have a pre filter in between the tank and pump. One little grain of sand/debris will stop the pump, leaving you dead in the water. 40+ year old boats may not have the cleanest fuel tank, anymore.

I'd wire in a oil pressure safety switch to the fuel pump, with relay, so it's not pumping fuel if the engine quits, and continues to pump fuel.

My bow tank setup, from the tank to a fuel filter (near the tank) to Carter fuel pump (on the transom) to Ford style fuel filter (fuel injection type) to carb, pressure gauge on fuel splitter (4160 carb). At WOT, always maintained ~7 psi. 325 HP SBC.

Dan'l

1 - 6 of 6 Posts