Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
I'm looking at an old 17' '70 Cheetah with an SBC and Berkeley pump. I wasn't crazy about the thought of an SBC, but I am intrigued by the thought of not having an exposed engine. So, here's my question: The boat currently sits with Hardin logs & exhaust tubes off of the logs that go up over the transom. Can I trade these OTT exhaust pipes for any Hardin snails, or would I need to find SBC snails? The logs are present. I would want to run through transom exhaust tips, possibly trade these pipes for some snails to someone wanting to convert the other way, to OTT exhaust and build a padded vinyl covered wood & fiberglass engine hatch, to make a toddler/family friendly cruiser.

Thanks,
Nik

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FWIW, I was regurgitating what the owner told me via email. He stated that it was an SBC. upon closer inspection of these pictures, I realized that it's not a Chevy, buy a small block Olds. I am not going to fool with spending money on this power plant. Ive got a line on a 496 BBC that I'm going to possibly pick up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a pair of snails if you do end up needing some. I'm not sure if they're Hardin or Glenwood but they have the 4-7/8" flange and are about 12" tall.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts