Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know someone out there has been down this road...Got a great deal lined up on a Hondo v-drive with small block chevy. Boat is super nice, condition, colors, price etc all make sense except the small block.

I have a crate 502 from another project.....Sooo what is required to make this swap?

Thanks for any feedback....Nitroman

·
Registered
3,736 Posts
front motor mount, as the rears are the same, oil pan, headers. Distributor is the same. driveline not sure about pto flange?

·
northern member
602 Posts
get on it :|err . i got a nicson bbc front mount with a cam driven waterpump..... probably find what you need pretty easy .

·
E-7 Sheepdog (ret)
6,834 Posts
Very straight up swap, blocks will mount in the same spot (lil more room needed for the BB), accessory mounts will likely be different (alt, etc), as are all the external stuff (exhaust, intake), but the BB stuff is so comon, won't be the least bit hard to find what you want.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone for the feedback....It sounds like front motor mount will be a change and require new holes due to BBC being longer.

How about the PTO mount to engine?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Position of the motor will probably change. Gears will change. Depends on how far forward the rear motor mount currently is from the inside transom, that will change. Personally, go drive it the way it is and have fun. There might be other issues such as handling that might need to be addressed. Better to start with what you have before you make huge changes. You can swap when summer is over. .02

Geoff

1 - 6 of 6 Posts