Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sushi Inspector
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently got into rock climbing and started watching some of the pros climb. Hairball is the best word to describe it.

Watch this vid and it might make you get that falling feeling in your stomach.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-oc-lhqpIA

G

·
From the comments on You Tube it sounds like he died doing that.

He died on November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park

·
Registered
2,281 Posts
Wow...looked like he was timing himself as if he was doing a 5 or 10K event. Certainly made it look easy.

·
Nordic 35' Flame
529 Posts
He died on November 23, 1998 at the age of 35 after his rope failed while performing a "controlled free-fall" jump from the Leaning Tower rock formation in Yosemite National Park
"This was slated to be his last jump before he retired."

Yeah right, this guy was going to keep pushing the limit until he ran out of luck. I am sorry that I have to be the one to say it, but come on, how many of these adrenaline junkies have to die? Some will say that "They" are the ones that lived life to the fullest, I call BS, 35 is way too young, and he left a daughter behind who now has to grow up without a Dad. We've seen this time and time again, it just makes me sick.:mad:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts