Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone had any problems dealing with SCAT Ent. I'd like to hear thanks.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Scat

Only product issue we ever had was with a stroker 9000 series crank. Needed a lot of weight to get correct. My balancer guy said he had never had one that needed so much attention. Must of been produced on a Monday or Friday??

Attachments

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Only product issue we ever had was with a stroker 9000 series crank. Needed a lot of weight to get correct. My balancer guy said he had never had one that needed so much attention. Must of been produced on a Monday or Friday??
Apparently you got it unbalanced from Scat I hope ,then your guy balanced it, I had some expensive issue from them just recently and looking for an un biased inputs before pitchin a bitch.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
A few years ago a friend was building a 496 nothing fancy pump-gas deal, had a Scat cast crank..it took a lot of Mallory to get it to balance. :))ThumbsDwn
What is your issue?

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
A few years ago a friend was building a 496 nothing fancy pump-gas deal, had a Scat cast crank..it took a lot of Mallory to get it to balance. :))ThumbsDwn
What is your issue?
So here it is FACT, ordered scat RA with all the good parts forged crank H beam rods ARP 2000 bolts told the tech I was spraying Nitrous down the line 200+ so steel rings were put on the list, Motor is built now it's been a year my kid wants to build the same motor so I get on the phone to order the excact same RA the new tech says you cant spray the motor with 200+wrong piston material, so I go back to receipts and pics sure ass shit wrong pistons are in my motor ,so long story short the owner gets on the phone after I call had a 4 way talk with tech 1 tech 2 and me of course my fault but I point out the steel ring to back my conversation with Tech 1 but it goes nowhere ,they want to charge me the difference for the correct piston that the tech put in the order which I feel is there mess up, if you followed my build I'm very detailed and like I post check ,check and even check again,,,, they were kind enough to knock a couple of hundred off my 2 RA but really it's going to cost me 3500, or more to tear down the new motor with 10-15 minutes on it to replace the correct pistons (Race tec)so I have a motor that I cant spray Nitrous to . IMOP I would not use Scat I would put my business to Eagle and if your pockets are deep I go Crower thats my opinion.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
So here it is FACT, ordered scat RA with all the good parts forged crank H beam rods ARP 2000 bolts told the tech I was spraying Nitrous down the line 200+ so steel rings were put on the list, Motor is built now it's been a year my kid wants to build the same motor so I get on the phone to order the excact same RA the new tech says you cant spray the motor with 200+wrong piston material, so I go back to receipts and pics sure ass shit wrong pistons are in my motor ,so long story short the owner gets on the phone after I call had a 4 way talk with tech 1 tech 2 and me of course my fault but I point out the steel ring to back my conversation with Tech 1 but it goes nowhere ,they want to charge me the difference for the correct piston that the tech put in the order which I feel is there mess up, if you followed my build I'm very detailed and like I post check ,check and even check again,,,, they were kind enough to knock a couple of hundred off my 2 RA but really it's going to cost me 3500, or more to tear down the new motor with 10-15 on it to replace the correct pistons (Race tec)so I have a motor that I cant spray Nitrous to . IMOP I would not use Scat I would put my business to Eagle and if your pockets are deep I go Crower thats my opinion.
Well, that really does suck..if there is a bright side, at-least you found out now...not the engine in pieces

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Well, that really does suck..if there is a bright side, at-least you found out now...not the engine in pieces
That there is truly a given, were having a Nitrous plate made new design and it was going to be tested on this motor now we'll have to test it on my kids new motor, keep your eyes open a new part is being fabbeb up as we speak that will give a few extra HP and also may extend motor life when the time is right I'll post pics on my build page ,that will probably be stolen like a couple of my one off fabs were ,oh well.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Cast Scat

Yup, this was the cast unit. Took 2- 1" plugs at 1.150 of Mallory and another 1.250 heavy metal. BTW' whats your ring gap?

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
st
That there is truly a given, were having a Nitrous plate made new design and it was going to be tested on this motor now we'll have to test it on my kids new motor, keep your eyes open a new part is being fabbeb up as we speak that will give a few extra HP and also may extend motor life when the time is right I'll post pics on my build page ,that will probably be stolen like a couple of my one off fabs were ,oh well.
Well there again, you wanted a pump gas deal, maybe now you can..as far as someone copying your idea take it as a complement..fuck now I sound like Pollyanna! anyway my pump gas deal is 10:94, lives happy at 38*..just a thought

·
Some guy
3,631 Posts
As far as I know, the Scat 9000 cast cranks are all external balance, so they would take heavy metal if you insisted on internally balancing them. I believe they do that (as does Eagle with their cast cranks) so that factory dampers and flywheels can be run, to help limit cost.

·
Registered
302 Posts
external

This was for a 454. Std balancer, std wheel. Needed the weight to get true. Go figure huh?! Runs pretty good down low with 291 iron heads too.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
st
Well there again, you wanted a pump gas deal, maybe now you can..as far as someone copying your idea take it as a complement..fuck now I sound like Pollyanna! anyway my pump gas deal is 10:94, lives happy at 38*..just a thought
The pump gas went out the window at the very beginning when horsepower was limited so thats when I said go balls out order the best sheet for Nitrous well it is what it is, If I ever have a motor built again it will be a crower exclusive and probably a 540 be done with it.

·
Registered
608 Posts
That sucks big time, I'd be P/O'd big time. In my opinion, I think Scat makes better crank than Eagle (Forged BBC) for the money. This is why I plan to build my RA from pieces because I want different pistons, rings, & bearings from what they offer as a RA kit.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
That sucks big time, I'd be P/O'd big time. In my opinion, I think Scat makes better crank than Eagle (Forged BBC) for the money. This is why I plan to build my RA from pieces because I want different pistons, rings, & bearings from what they offer as a RA kit.
Found out that Eagle rods are 2 piece forged the guy said there one of the strongest, There cranks no idea ,As for the Race Tec pistons just some insight there made by original owner of JE/SRP and have a real nice Wrist pin design, The owner of Scat not so nice super defensive and over talks in conversations so In life always remember if you do good a few people will notice and if you screw up everybody notices.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Found out that Eagle rods are 2 piece forged the guy said there one of the strongest, There cranks no idea ,As for the Race Tec pistons just some insight there made by original owner of JE/SRP and have a real nice Wrist pin design, The owner of Scat not so nice super defensive and over talks in conversations so In life always remember if you do good a few people will notice and if you screw up everybody notices.
Have you looked into RPM products? my first stroker kit came from them..my machinest had nothing bad to say

·
mo balls than $cents$
11,734 Posts
Are they forged or hyp? ive ran a 250hp shot on stock cast pistons plenty ,never hurt anything but I'm conservative on the retard , always used a fuel pressure safety switch/wot/wheel button. Ran nitrous for a decade filling my own bottles etc, not 1 single hurt part due to nitrous or lean out. Ran a eagle Ra in my last gull-wing 505 13/1 deal with srp pistons , had 200hp activated by wot switch, another 250 second stage on the wheel. Motor was even a studded 2 bolt short block, it's still alive today over a decade later in a rouse gw.

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Are they forged or hyp? ive ran a 250hp shot on stock cast pistons plenty ,never hurt anything but I'm conservative on the retard , always used a fuel pressure safety switch/wot/wheel button. Ran nitrous for a decade filling my own bottles etc, not 1 single hurt part due to nitrous or lean out. Ran a eagle Ra in my last gull-wing 505 13/1 deal with srp pistons , had 200hp activated by wot switch, another 250 second stage on the wheel. Motor was even a studded 2 bolt short block, it's still alive today over a decade later in a rouse gw.
There the 4032 billet pistons auto tec Im going to tear down the motor in a season or 2 after I dial in the boat or sell it and build a 540 and be done with the nonsense,I wont spray any nitrous to this motor at all cant risk it Nitrous is like cocaine it's a hell of a drug

1 - 18 of 18 Posts