Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im trying to deside what i want,im looking for the fastest hull for river running,i now the rayson and connly have boats out there that r in the 120 mph range,you dont here of to many schiadas in that range,so i would like the does and donts of the three,thanks

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I'll throw in my $01. (not worth any more)
The Rayson have produced some very fast cruisers but, if you were to check the history of ski racing, you'd be hard-pressed to compile a better win record then the Schiada 21' River Cruiser. This says nothing about top end speed exclusively - only records championships nobody else can compare with.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Connelys are definately faster, the Rayson has a lot of freeboard. The Schiada will have the best ride...

If you want topend speed and the best ride, put BIG hp in a 21 rc.

·
22 Posts
If you want to go fast get a rayson , they take way less power to make go fast and with equal power will go way faster than a schiada. All 3 are excellent boats you cant go wrong with either

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
I did three years of homework before purchasing the first non-flat we've ever owned. I choose the Schiada 21 RC for obvious reasons.

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
im trying to deside what i want,im looking for the fastest hull for river running,i now the rayson and connly have boats out there that r in the 120 mph range,you dont here of to many schiadas in that range,so i would like the does and donts of the three,thanks
Can't speak about the Connelly, but the Raysoncrafts are raceboats first. They are very strong, very fast, and handle like a Ferarri, that's why they dominate the endurance circle races.

The Schiadas are very well built and fast, throw a nice wake, and turn OK, but not in the same league as a RaysonCraft. The Schiada has more cockpit room, and is better suited to a full interior treatment.

Amost like trying to compare a Ferarri and a Bentley. Both are teriffic, so you need to decide on your application. BTW, I have a Rayson cruiser hull for sale, set up for GN racing...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i now all three are bad ass,what im looking for is 2 seats and 1300 + horse power ive allready got a blown spectra for the family so this is going to be my go fast boat,v-drive racing you have that blue one rite fresh paint i believe,want something to put down my own colers but for the rite price any thing can hapen,how much minus motor

·
Registered
643 Posts
i now all three are bad ass,what im looking for is 2 seats and 1300 + horse power ive allready got a blown spectra for the family so this is going to be my go fast boat,v-drive racing you have that blue one rite fresh paint i believe,want something to put down my own colers but for the rite price any thing can hapen,how much minus motor
If you want a hot rod, you probably want to skip the Schiada.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
I am a bit biased lol But You cant beat a well set up Connolly!! If you are looking to go through some boat chop be advised the Connolly will probably get beat up... There is very little if no V in the rear but 18' dead rise in the front so it can cut through but not much....

A very fast hull for sure, 1300 HP will defiantly get you 110 MPH + if set up right!!!! If you have any questions Connolly related shoot me up.... :)devil

·
Premium Member
408 Posts
Rayson Craft hands down based on this critera. best of luck !!!!!!!!!! :)grn

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:)bulb Are you looking to buy a brand new bare hull and then have it professionally rigged for your 1300 hp motor ??
I believe there are those you would first and foremost take your Schiada to have rigged, or the Rayson or the Connelly, each hull has those in the boating arena that truly know how to "properly" set it up for what it seems you want to do, go fast in a straight line ??? is this correct ???

p.s. then you might want to get some driving lessons from those who have had serious seat time running those hulls at the above 100mph mark, just sayin..........

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well i definatly dont need seat time ive grown up around boats all my life,theres 1 thing allot of people dont realize they have!!!! and that is a throttle,the ability to go 50,or the ability to go over 100 its up to you and the speed you fell comfortable at,ive got lots of racing experence behind my belt

·
Az Desert Dweller
2,436 Posts
:)bulb Thats all good, but have you driven one of those three hulls at over 100mph, a lil different feel than a flat, jet or hydro ???, sorry didn't know you were experienced in boat racing............

·
Future GN Racer!
2,216 Posts
Hey NTR your question sounds alot like the one I asked at the end of last year. I spoke with Lee at Schiada, Rex Phillips (he builds Connellys), and Joey Cucci about Rayson Craft. I have been 95 and 100 in 2 different Schiada's, but I have never riden in a Connelly or Rayson Craft. Well, I now own a 21' Rayson Craft, and I still have never riden in one:|err. I have had a few offers, but it has just not worked out. I am planning on going GN racing with my boat, but after talking with ALOT of people about each one of these 3 boat, I chose the Rayson Craft. It came down to performance, function, quality, and looks. I love the smooth sharp pointed bow of my Rayson Craft. I did a ton of home work, and (for me) the Rayson was the best choice. If you would like any more info, or if I can answer any questions feel free to PM me, and I will answer what I can, or turn you on to who can. Good luck with your choice.
Lock

1 - 20 of 80 Posts