Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Eliminator Daytona 26 with a Bravo drive on it. This winter I will be changing things and going up in hp to around 600. On the list is also to upgrade the drive. Is an XR or Imco a direct replacement or does the transom mechanicals have to be changed out as well? Same question for the lower unit, is the Bravo lower unit useable on the XR or Imco?

Thanks, Walt

·
27 Victory 800efi
420 Posts
Yep all those drives are compatible. XR, Imco, Teague, Max, all those drives will bolt up to the transom assembly. All these uppers and lowers are interchangeable too so you could mix and match. If you're putting 600hp in it, I would just upgrade the whole drive and any of the aforementioned drives would suit you just fine.

·
Because KAP said so...
273 Posts
I have an Eliminator Daytona 26 with a Bravo drive on it. This winter I will be changing things and going up in hp to around 600. On the list is also to upgrade the drive. Is an XR or Imco a direct replacement or does the transom mechanicals have to be changed out as well? Same question for the lower unit, is the Bravo lower unit useable on the XR or Imco?

Thanks, Walt
I have a Max Machine Worx MXS all billet drive that is awsome, the only problem is I am putting 1150pluss HP through it. I have just had it completly gone through by MMW the whole upper is new, all gears, bearings, races, and clutch shaft...5,000 worth (with receipts) and the bottom had all gears magnafluxed, all was perfect:) I am also going to be doing some motor and drive updating this winter, I have my MMW drive for sale, I was going to wait until I took it off the boat and put it up for sale but I put it on the boat and ran the drive on the hose, all was good, so the drive has 0hrs on it right now, this is your chance to pick up a 20,000 dollar drive for half the price, I am going with a #6, OR A Xpower after the engine upgrading send me a PM but the drive is in perect condition, it is fast as hell and very stable @ high speeds, I have had the boat in the 130's and with the drive you can turn @ high speeds with no issues. I have ran the IMCO, and the Bmax on my boat the MMW beats them both. I will miss the drive but really need a more high HP drive...here are a few pics of the drive on the boat and the bmax drive I was running...with a speed pics:)devil

Attachments

·
Havasu & Anaheim Hills
361 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are the different years of XR drives any better / worse, I heard they changed them a bit in 2005 or so?

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I have a Max Machine Worx MXS all billet drive that is awsome, the only problem is I am putting 1150pluss HP through it. I have just had it completly gone through by MMW the whole upper is new, all gears, bearings, races, and clutch shaft...5,000 worth (with receipts) and the bottom had all gears magnafluxed, all was perfect:) I am also going to be doing some motor and drive updating this winter, I have my MMW drive for sale, I was going to wait until I took it off the boat and put it up for sale but I put it on the boat and ran the drive on the hose, all was good, so the drive has 0hrs on it right now, this is your chance to pick up a 20,000 dollar drive for half the price, I am going with a #6, OR A Xpower after the engine upgrading send me a PM but the drive is in perect condition, it is fast as hell and very stable @ high speeds, I have had the boat in the 130's and with the drive you can turn @ high speeds with no issues. I have ran the IMCO, and the Bmax on my boat the MMW beats them both. I will miss the drive but really need a more high HP drive...here are a few pics of the drive on the boat and the bmax drive I was running...with a speed pics:)devil[/QUO

That's a REALLY good looking cat you've got there! Very fast too for a single! Make sure you do all your homework before deciding to change out to a #6 SSM though (transom height, input shaft height, moving the engine forward to accept the transmission, weight, etc., etc.). A 26 footer is awfully small to put a #6 on. It sounds like you've got a boat that is set up great right now, and I'd hate to see you ruin it by making such a drastic change to the boat. Good luck though, you have a really nice boat....... :)hand

·
32 DW X-CAT
2,271 Posts
That's a REALLY good looking cat you've got there! Very fast too for a single! Make sure you do all your homework before deciding to change out to a #6 SSM though (transom height, input shaft height, moving the engine forward to accept the transmission, weight, etc., etc.). A 26 footer is awfully small to put a #6 on. It sounds like you've got a boat that is set up great right now, and I'd hate to see you ruin it by making such a drastic change to the boat. Good luck though, you have a really nice boat....... :)hand

Comment:

I agree with the above comments and add that he knows all of the above as I have told him this many times.

Jeff is not going to put a #6 on that boat or I will personally come down to the bayou and beat you with a stick:)hammers. That 26 Redline hauls the mail and is really dialed in right now---a hard boat to beat in any configuration single or twin in my opinion.

TNTDuner you could find a nice IMCO used for a great price and I know of one which will be for sale that will bolt right onto to your Eliminator and handle 600HP easy in a 1.35 gear ratio. Now is the time to look for the deals as they are out there and in the end you will have a great drive at a fraction of the cost.

Note: You did not say if you had hydraulic steering but that is a must if your boat does at least 85MPH. Also when you say Bravo are you saying Bravo 1 or just the style of drive as they are all Bravo style drives just the manufacturer designated changes ie...XR, IMCO, Conrad, Max Machine Worx etc...

Oh! and don't be scared of used if it is gone through from uppers to lowers and inspected for lash tolerances etc... you will be fine. As for your driving style and drive longevity that is entirely up to you.

Call the various shops and start asking questions.

KAP

1 - 7 of 7 Posts