Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
lets try this over here seeing must of the boys down south run them:D

got a scoop with the base plate and need to know how to mount it up. any pictures or tips on how to mount it?

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
You can get a nice tray from a company called gaza. I know a few people that use them for a single carb deal.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
phone number or website?

·
Glendale Arizona
2,368 Posts

·
Registered
5,717 Posts
Summit or Jegs Pat.

Goza scoop tray for single carb

Goza scoop tray for dual carbs

You might need this adapter too for 4150 carbs

Looking at a couple hudred bucks to mount a scoop. Or you can make your own. It's really pretty easy.
I made mine from some 1/8" aluminum. Nice n sturdy and pretty straight forward. I can send you some pics if you want to see it.
Or..I just glassed a base to the bottom of the scoop and used some SS1/4-20 button heads to mound the scoop to the 4500 series carb flange (Velocity ring?) so the entire scoop is fiberglass except for the aluminum mount to the carb and the bar stock that mounts over the carb, i know that i will probably hear that i am disrupting the flow over the carb, but,....its just a river boat!
The whole deal was finished in a few short hrs and all of the products can be found @ home depot.
Todd

·
6TH STREET MAFIA PRES.
1,493 Posts
thats goza
OOPS my bad im kinda new to this scoop stuff but i do know how to spell ENDERLE and GORR.:D i was just trying to help cause nobody posted to answer his question after a day and a half.:)hand

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
looks like the adapter will work. dan could you please send me some pictures of yours?
thanks

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
come on now guys you socal boys just don't like us nor-cal boys and keep your secrets to yourselfs:)hand

·
Registered
2,225 Posts
Tre built some with I think with alumium but steel would work. e used a piece of tubing that would slip over the bolt in the center of the carbs and then weld flat stock to it like rocket fins. He used 4 on each carb. That way they are not disturbing the air flow and if anything straitening out the flow. They worked out fairly well even withstood the nitrous blast.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
Looks like you have it under control but I thought I would post how I mounted mine, just another idea. I drilled some holes in the scoop base (2 on each end) and some already existed in the carbuerators (where the arrows are). I then made a beam 3-4" inches long and 1/4" wide and bolted one end to the plate and the other end through the carbuerator. Spaced it on both sides so it doesn't deflect the tray and pull it off the carb base. Probably not the best way but it works

1 - 16 of 16 Posts