Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bug catcher style scoop on my boat i have a problem keeping it straight,the pressure from the wing nut holding down the filter isnt enough to keep it from moving...the boat has a standard quadra jet 4bbl,any suggestions?? Thanks

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Some people drill and tap a set screw in the top of the carb, bottom ring of the scoop. Doesn't take a very big screw at all.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I just use a bolt, should be 5/16 or 3/8, and run it down the flame arrestor to the carb. Tighten it until the scoop doesn't turn anymore and give it a look see every so often. If you don't run a flame arrestor then it looks like a set screw is a good option. Hope that helps.

·
no need 2 fake it.
1,702 Posts
Or do as I did, drill a hole in the scoop and run a piece of allthread down to the t-stat housing and cover it with steel braided hose and tell the idiots who ask that its water injection hahaha!

·
Registered
80 Posts
can also try a short piece of 5/16" or 3/8" SS or steel tubing. Slip it over the threaded carb stud. Make it just alittle shorter to the inside bottm of the filter lid. Then you can clamp down on the bolt without fear of flatting the filter element. Works better on dual carbs though.

·
Registered
911 Posts
I made a couple of these to put in my scoop.
I will probably end up making some taller ones to fit some spark arrestors under.

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts