Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any trick ways to hold a scoop tray down for dual carbs? Trying to come up with something that doesn't impede air flow and I'm stuck in a rut.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
Jegs sells a real nice one

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
I made a bunch extra of these, billet aluminum for 4150 or 4500, work well with dooley type scoops, and others, they have a wide "feet" for surface area to help hold scoop base securely , pm me for details, Tim

Attachments

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
I made a bunch extra of these, billet aluminum for 4150 or 4500, work well with dooley type scoops, and others, they have a wide "feet" for surface area to help hold scoop base securely , pm me for details, Tim
Those look trick, PM sent Tim.

·
"BOATLESS"
3,468 Posts
Tim this is what I'm dealing with, I hold down my tray with my flame arrestors at the moment, I would love to eliminate the arrestors if these will work? Carbs, tray, arrestors, scoop, like I need to explain that. LOL:rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Urban Cougar Trapper
976 Posts
I used 1/4" x 2" aluminium stock bent ears down about 2" above carb and drilled hole in center for bolt holdown But them ones up yonder sure looks purty !!

·
Premium Member
762 Posts
Here is a pic of how I use them, aluminum scoop pan was punched with correct inlet radius for carbs and broke to fit inside scoop, dzus buttons hold it to tray. Bent a 1/2 inch piece stainless tubing that front of scoop tray bolts to then goes to front of block.top part of bracket is attached with captive nuts welded to bottom of scoop bracket. Entire scoop/pan assembly comes off in less than 30 seconds, may not work for everyone but works for me.

Attachments

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tim this is what I'm dealing with, I hold down my tray with my flame arrestors at the moment, I would love to eliminate the arrestors if these will work? Carbs, tray, arrestors, scoop, like I need to explain that. LOL:rolleyes:

those carbs would look killer with polished or anodized holly bowls... never did like those demon bowls for some reason... boat looks good trev!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Sent PM checking to see if still available......

·
Registered
1 Posts
tim, do you still have any of these for 4150 carbs?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts