Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys,

What are ya'll running for Fiberglass Scoop mounting brackets? I got a Harwood Scoop I want to make work, but not sure if the tray+mounting brackets on Jegs would be worth it for $300.... Has anyone made some trays?? I think I'm looking for something around 3"s tall to funnel the air into the carb (single). Does anyone else offer brackets or Trays for scoops? Let's see your setups :)bulb

Tony

· Registered
1,181 Posts
Hay Tony...
go to W.O.T.'s thread on "pics from the lower river" & look at the 3rd pic down...theres a boat in the pic with the base ur looking for...find out who's boat it is & get ahold of him to find out where he got it :)...hope this helps :)

FastRat

· Registered
767 Posts
Get in touch with Sangster here on the PB Forums. He makes awesome scoops and trays.

· Premium Member
435 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Call Summitt. They have every size and configuration you'll need.
Cool, how much roughly do they cost? And do they come with the mounting brackets as well, or just the tray?

Call Aaron @ Intake Elbows; http://www.e-performancemarine.com/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=471
Aaron makes some real nice stuff and very strong !
Tony tell him I sent you and what we are doing.
I will be calling him as well, see what we're lookin at :)devil

· Living in a cage of fear
16,524 Posts

· What the Hell is That?
1,586 Posts
Right or wrong I made my own.

I took some 1/2 Aluminum shaped it the the bottom of the Scoop (ET112) cut two holes (duel carbs) in the center had a friend turn some adapters and weld them on the Aluminum plate. The 1/2 plate is held to the scoop with Sheet metal screws with what we call floating nuts. The scoop is held to the carbs with the center studs and 7/16 nylock nuts.

It works for me.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.