Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I caught this little dirtbag on my video system. He ripped the camera off the shop and wanted to get the other one but couldn't get to it. After looking over my setup I should have placed cages around the cameras and removed his ability to step-up and grab one of them. I sent it off to the police and sent the serial numbers in too in case it ends up at a pawn shop. Worthless piece of trash.. :((((((

<br>

·
Registered
390 Posts
Nice...wow he will probably sell the copper for a buck and throw the rest away. I would be quite shocked if the police do anything. I feel your pain...what a ph**k stick.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
no doubt he is coming back tonite with a couple pallets to stand on ! .............batt'r up ! when the cops come to peel him off the alley , explain to them that you could have caught the person who cracked his pea brain open on your camera but someone stole it !

·
Full Of It.
787 Posts
Frickin' genius. Stares into the camera before he steals it. LOL. He probably will show up with priors. Book em Dano!

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Cops won't do a thing. I find it so funny that police are great about writing tickets, catching bank robbers, or anything like that. However, if something of yours gets stolen, forget about it....they only respond with..."did you have insurance?" Cops basically are revenuers for the poor to middle class and protectors of the rich. They always seem to crack the case of the rich who were robbed, but when my car gets broken into, home robbed, etc. "Hope you have insurance!" I'm just bitter!

·
Registered
223 Posts
Cops won't do a thing. I find it so funny that police are great about writing tickets, catching bank robbers, or anything like that. However, if something of yours gets stolen, forget about it....they only respond with..."did you have insurance?" Cops basically are revenuers for the poor to middle class and protectors of the rich. They always seem to crack the case of the rich who were robbed, but when my car gets broken into, home robbed, etc. "Hope you have insurance!" I'm just bitter!

Boy did you just speak the truth, you can murder rape and pillage, but whatever you do, don't steal a rich mans money or rob a bank.

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
Email it to the chief of police and ask he email it to all his cops. Maybe someone will recognize him? It happens more often than u think. What city was this in? I'd be happy to assist

·
Premium Member
7,464 Posts
Anatomy of a car theft...

Day before yesterday 7:00 am , "Dad somebody stole our car last nite".... to fill in the blanks some POS stole son Josh's late model Expedtion from his driveway along with everything in it ! This is a young family with three stairstep kids , the loss was devestating to them , not only is the "fight" on with three Police jurisdiction (car theft , crediit card theft personal property etc etc) but the ensuing 48 hrs have been Hell, His insurance company treated him like a "perp" , three LEO's in two counties made it clear they considered Car Thefts pretty "routine", bottom line theyre out time, inconvenience, lots of $$ , practically NOTHING is covered except the basic car (to the lien holder) , no coverage for 3 carseats , his wifes purse and contents credit cards losses (till stops were in place ) and on and on, Thieves are Scum, They dont have any care for thier victims These asshats have no clue how deep something like this goes or how much grief they cause !! (rant over) :|err Tom

·
Registered
979 Posts
You could always do what Biden said and buy a double barrel shot gun and shoot the trees.:)sphss:)sphss (what a dick!)

Also consider yourself lucky he did not start ripping the copper wire out of the meter box that was on the wall. Fukn scum bags will figure someway to do it, but then they would get killed and somehow say it is the business owners fault.

·
Registered
738 Posts
If you notice when the guy got what he wanted he almost ran away without his bike. :no: dude was high as a kite.:rolleyes: suxs to see this I would wait for him one night :)hammers

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Any idea how many petty theft arrests are made every year? A shit ton.
And in relation to the amount of thefts per year?

My whole family is law enforcement from CHP, Sheriff and DOJ. They all feel the same way about being revenuers in fact thats where i got it. I do have some younger friends that are still gung ho on being a LEO and changing the world, but even they are starting to see that they do little in relation to the problems. The system is broke and I don't believe it is LEO's fault, I think the fault lies in the system....the law system including lawyers. As soon as they put them in jail they are released back on the streets. I wonder if this happens in Singapore? Just saying! I wonder if criminals were put in a jail similiar to that of Mexico instead of the Marriott's they get in this country if the numbers would still be the same? Just saying!

·
"Try it Now!"
3,704 Posts
And in relation to the amount of thefts per year?

My whole family is law enforcement from CHP, Sheriff and DOJ. They all feel the same way about being revenuers in fact thats where i got it. I do have some younger friends that are still gung ho on being a LEO and changing the world, but even they are starting to see that they do little in relation to the problems. The system is broke and I don't believe it is LEO's fault, I think the fault lies in the system....the law system including lawyers. As soon as they put them in jail they are released back on the streets. I wonder if this happens in Singapore? Just saying! I wonder if criminals were put in a jail similiar to that of Mexico instead of the Marriott's they get in this country if the numbers would still be the same? Just saying!

Good post VW MOrton, couldn't agree more...but the decision on what type of officer to be lies in the officer himself...maybe not CHP. You are definitely correct about the system, a GTA is not a crime which will land you in prison, period especially with Cali's realignment.

I posted the stats on petty theft arrests because it was mentioned cops don't care about petty thefts anymore, well someone does,... look at how many get arrested. They aren't turnin' themselves in! Remember, the value of "petty theft" went up by 600 bucks, no longer is a petty theft under 400 bucks.

Someone mentioned earlier that GTA's are "common"...they absolutely are common. THe LEO shouldn't portray that to the victim, however, every cop and their uncle loves to catch a rolling stolen. Problem is a lot of times they'll wreck and the only people paying for it are US, and not the bad guys. So you're right, system is broken. I know as a fact when our guys hear of a stolen car everyone is on the lookout for that vehicle..

The best bet these days with stolen car recoveries is either a lo-jack, or a hit on an automated license plate reader (LPR) , which are becoming more common, however if the response isn't immediate they'll just give you a general idea on where the car was. I am a fan of Lo-jack myself, still the only integrated system that turns on automatically and every street cop loves getting a lo-jack hit and trying to find the car. That On-star stuff, in my experience, is a joke. THey're usually a few minutes behind on their location.

As to the stolen cameras...if the original poster wants to mention where this happened i'd be happy to try to help spreading the footage in the email network. Just not a very good shot of the guy's face. Looks like quality system, though.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.