Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF?

Is this really a problem down there??
Are pet shop puppies and cats really being churned out?
I guess SD doesn't have anything nearly as important to worry about as underground puppy mills??

I'm a pet lover, and certainly am against animal cruelty on all levels, but what the hell are they accomplishing here?
Am I missing it??

Pet Store Ban Passed in San Diego | NBC Southern California

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Its Racial...

Clearly this is a socio-economic racial attack against the Chinese and associated Chinese Food Restaurants, cleverly disguised as a heart wrenching animal rights issue.

dog-meat.jpg

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Marine Organism
12,743 Posts
Good God!!!:))eek:))
I think she's hot too!!! :)grn

That is pretty stupid. Aren't puppy mills against the law to begin with? Reading some of the FB posts, it would be easier to buy a gun than to adopt a pet. Good grief!

·
Administrator
16,877 Posts
Congrats to you guys living in that land of Liberal nonsense.

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
No need for pet stores when the humane society kills more animals in a day than most pet stores sell in a month. A pet isn't something you buy on a whim because it's cute. When you get a pet it's a commitment for the life of the animal. For those who want purebred find a breeder. While there probably are a lot of well run pet stores but how many of them inspect the kennel or garage where they came from. Puppy mills sell to pet shops, that might be their only outlet.
As many dogs (rotts) as i have had over the years i don't much care for puppies...The 2 males i have now are both rescues..One came from here.....pet shop is the last place i would buy a pet...know way to know what you are getting....so ya, cool SD...

Maybe pets shops should be allowed to sell dogs/cats from a shelter.
At least at a shelter they will be checked out by a vet and shelter personal are really good at evaluating temperament.

·
Red Blooded American
15,853 Posts
Where does this put me? We just had a litter of Great Dane puppies and I could've sold every one one hundred times. As it goes, I got to pick and choose the buyers and we couldn't have been more pleased with the homes they headed to. Three of the pups went to my own family members. They did tire out easily with all our grandkids, however. :D

IMG_1321.jpg

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No need for pet stores when the humane society kills more animals in a day than most pet stores sell in a month. A pet isn't something you buy on a whim because it's cute. When you get a pet it's a commitment for the life of the animal. For those who want purebred find a breeder. While there probably are a lot of well run pet stores but how many of them inspect the kennel or garage where they came from. Puppy mills sell to pet shops, that might be their only outlet.
As many dogs (rotts) as i have had over the years i don't much care for puppies...The 2 males i have now are both rescues..One came from here.....pet shop is the last place i would buy a pet...know way to know what you are getting....so ya, cool SD...

Maybe pets shops should be allowed to sell dogs/cats from a shelter.
At least at a shelter they will be checked out by a vet and shelter personal are really good at evaluating temperament.
So they really are puppy mills, or at least a good number are?
i don't know anyone that actually got a dog or cat from a store.
Rescue is where we get ours.

Breeders for dogs.

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This probably has less to do with puppy mills and more to do with the fact liberals can't stay out of other peoples business. I'd bet there are laws in effect as to were "Pet Smart" can get its animals. I'm sure there were some stores selling black market animals, but instead of addressing the law breakers, paint them all as law breakers regardless of who gets screwed and just ban the practice for everybody. Shit, if Nanny Bloomberg can tell NY what size soda you can drink and what type of donut you can have, don't think we here in CA are going to be out Liberaled!

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts
This is right up there with the left wing nut jobs that want to ban bonfires at the beach. I wonder if they're willing to give up pot smoking because of the pollution it causes?

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
This is right up there with the left wing nut jobs that want to ban bonfires at the beach. I wonder if they're willing to give up pot smoking because of the pollution it causes?
AMEN! That fire pit ban is some real stupid shit for sure! Heard they were trying to ban fire pits at Lake Elsinore for the same reason (pollution). Maybe they should ban all the tweakers cook houses instead if they what to do something productive.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I think liberals hate it when people are having fun. They don't want anyone to enjoy themselves.
Well yeah, the Plantation Masters are always making sure you know your place...and that they have last say on everything.

eat dog.jpg

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Living in a cage of fear
16,462 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
This probably has less to do with puppy mills and more to do with the fact liberals can't stay out of other peoples business. I'd bet there are laws in effect as to were "Pet Smart" can get its animals. I'm sure there were some stores selling black market animals, but instead of addressing the law breakers, paint them all as law breakers regardless of who gets screwed and just ban the practice for everybody. Shit, if Nanny Bloomberg can tell NY what size soda you can drink and what type of donut you can have, don't think we here in CA are going to be out Liberaled!
See, this is how it hit me also.

It would seem that, in SD, perhaps targeting sex slave mills might be a better use of limited resource for instance?

Now THAT is a business that surely cause more harm tham puppy mills??
They don't pay any taxes....

·
Registered
2,426 Posts

It would seem that, in SD, perhaps targeting sex slave mills might be a better use of limited resource for instance?

:happy:

·
Premium Member
7,810 Posts

But that would mess with politician's fun!!!

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
So they really are puppy mills, or at least a good number are?
i don't know anyone that actually got a dog or cat from a store.
Rescue is where we get ours.

Breeders for dogs.
X10 on the shelter seal...Nothing sweeter in life that when your rescue looks you in the eyes and somehow you can tell he knows you are the one who saved his life and how thankful he is for the life you share...

Puppy mill think is like a pet shop in a mall or other high traffic for children area. 10 year old kid goes by with mom and spots the "puppy in the window" and has to have it and after enough begging, gets it...Month later it's tied up in the back yard...and he either escapes or gets ditched by the people who bought him.
Chances of that puppy in the window having a decent life are a gamble...going to the shelter is doubling down..take a chance on the gas chamber hoping that someone will adopt them.

Every year middle of may i send an email to st geo animal shelter
with a pic of Jak telling them what a kick ass dog he is.Most of the people i know got their dog from somebody they knew.
When i lived in utah 5 of my friends had rotties that i gave them...kind of a gamble but a great gift for a real friend...All of them lived 10--13 years with minimal heath issues

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Not too long ago i would see the hippies camped out of the pet stores with huge signs claiming puppy mills and such. In the end, people will just drive to OC or IE to buy dogs. The latest thing to pass is the ban on Recreational Vehicles being parked on the street. These lefties out here are constantly coming up with something. I just keep banking money for an exit to Idaho or Texas where men are men and women....shave their arm pits?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts