Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
Yea we're damn proud of him!!!! He sacked up and went racin. Wish more would follow. He made us look like ASSHOLES & we've been doin it for years. Hell he can even sing & play a few cords. Great job BRO !!!

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
I had a great time. It was a pretty stressful weekend learning the ropes and the ways of racing but Kevin kept the boat ready to go for and and craig had all the tools, parts, and brains to keep us running.

Never expected to win anything, just wanted to make some new friends, party with some old friends and see if i could do the racing thing.

·
"Need For Speed"
1,210 Posts
Congrats there Jeff!

Great to meet you on the take out holding rope. Sorry I did not make it down to visit with y'all. In the third qualifying session I threw a flywheel ring gear. It sawed the stainless intake water line in half and pretty well ground down the starter drive. We had a little repair session, but with a few parts from surrounding camps we had her back together before supper.

Hope to see y'all again. Be sure and call me out if you see me again!

Steven Smith
AKA Gearhead

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Gearhead:1650407 said:
Congrats there Jeff!

Great to meet you on the take out holding rope. Sorry I did not make it down to visit with y'all. In the third qualifying session I threw a flywheel ring gear. It sawed the stainless intake water line in half and pretty well ground down the starter drive. We had a little repair session, but with a few parts from surrounding camps we had her back together before supper.

Hope to see y'all again. Be sure and call me out if you see me again!

Steven Smith
AKA Gearhead
Same here, i guess i spend too much time lurking on the WFL thread lol it was a very hectic weekend for us, sounds like it was for you guys too. Probably see ya'll at Smoke.

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
2012 race.jpg

Heres a pretty good pic of "Wat'r the odds" handing my ass to me in the first round of eliminations Sunday. I think the Makers Mark showed up on the tree....:sleeping:

·
O/B Flunky
181 Posts
Congrats Jeff!!!

CONGRATS Bud!!! Hope to see Ya'll out on the water soon!!!

~Buck

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to the SDBA

Welcome to the SDBA!! We love to see new people at our races, didn't get to meet you, but watched you "put it on" some good boats! Come back and race with us again, and bring your friends! Love to have you at "Thunder in the Canyon" - Lubbock, Texas - July 13-15! Paul Hodges - "Team Banana Spit" SDBA 147

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
Firefish:1651115 said:
Welcome to the SDBA!! We love to see new people at our races, didn't get to meet you, but watched you "put it on" some good boats! Come back and race with us again, and bring your friends! Love to have you at "Thunder in the Canyon" - Lubbock, Texas - July 13-15! Paul Hodges - "Team Banana Spit" SDBA 147
Man i would love too, thanks for the kind words! That 148 boat helped me out more than he will know this weekend and its a tribute to the racing family. Let me get my baby girl here and healthy and we'll ramp it up. Really enjoyed the SDBA expirience and will definatly do it again

·
Registered
288 Posts
I had a great time. It was a pretty stressful weekend learning the ropes and the ways of racing but Kevin kept the boat ready to go for and and craig had all the tools, parts, and brains to keep us running.

Never expected to win anything, just wanted to make some new friends, party with some old friends and see if i could do the racing thing.
big congrats jeff!!!!...I bet the ol heart was beating a mile a minute when you first went out there ready to go...hehe....welcome to even the bigger disease...boat racing!!!....you did good bud!!!

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
big congrats jeff!!!!...I bet the ol heart was beating a mile a minute when you first went out there ready to go...hehe....welcome to even the bigger disease...boat racing!!!....you did good bud!!!
Thanks Rick! yeah i had to remind myself to.........................breathe! lol

·
Ain't Right Racin
1,706 Posts
I haven't forgot!!! U still the MAN !!! . It sucks, u do somethin good the fame last's around a week. Do somethin bad it follows u for life. Ain't that the SHIT's

·
"BEER BUDGET RACING"
3,621 Posts
piston in the wind:1658462 said:
I haven't forgot!!! U still the MAN !!! . It sucks, u do somethin good the fame last's around a week. Do somethin bad it follows u for life. Ain't that the SHIT's
I guess its the process, but i've been rackin my brain about how to cut better lights and get better at tuning my junk. Still learning.

I couldnt have done it without you brother! 2050 kept us going saturday.

BTW i came up with a 10 gallon brewery this weekend, so the drinkin should get alot cheaper

1 - 14 of 14 Posts