Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Been hearing a lot of rumors that members of the club are unhappy we are not running SE at this race. The last thing we want to do is have our members unhappy. We would like to hear from our members on there thoughts and feelings on this. We are open to all suggestions. Please call a member of the board to discuss further. We are here for you guys!

Joe Morgan 714 928-4373
Mike Miller 951 326-4273
Mike Declark 714 815-0293
Kjell Adams 619 851-2485

·
655 Posts
I hope we can run S/E. The 10.0 guys [ and slower ] like me really can't run any other class.
Alot of the 9.0 guys can run PGJ, and most of the 8.0 guys can run UBFJ. I hope you can fit it in. No matter what, I'll be there supporting the club.

·
Wild Bill
82 Posts
SE Class

I was disappointed to hear that the SE class will not be runninng...Hope you have second thoughts to run the class...Could generate some good income for the club..

·
Registered
55 Posts
Spoke to Mike D. and he told me if the SE Boats want to run at Elsinore that we need to come to a reasonable solution that doesn't hold up the show and he needs to hear from a majority of the drivers in SE. I read through a thread and saw Steve's comment about running qualifier on friday, then we could start eliminations earlier Sat. so the show isn't held up Sunday for finals.
If any of you agree show your support and contact Mike or another boardmember to let him know how you feel. if you have an alternitive suggestion please make it, that is if you guys want to run SE??
Contact someone you know runs SE and get there opinion or suggestion.
tom​

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
Spoke to Mike D. and he told me if the SE Boats want to run at Elsinore that we need to come to a reasonable solution that doesn't hold up the show and he needs to hear from a majority of the drivers in SE. I read through a thread and saw Steve's comment about running qualifier on friday, then we could start eliminations earlier Sat. so the show isn't held up Sunday for finals.
If any of you agree show your support and contact Mike or another boardmember to let him know how you feel. if you have an alternitive suggestion please make it, that is if you guys want to run SE??
Contact someone you know runs SE and get there opinion or suggestion.
tom​
That being said to make it fair for guys who cant make Friday and show up Friday night for the weekend, then what?

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
TB028, I think that's a great idea.. Something is going to have to give in order for the class to be ran at Elsinore.. Something has to be sacrificed.. Another idea is do it like we did at the first race and draw the pairings out of a hat on Friday night or drivers meeting Saturday morning and start eliminations Saturday..

Widowmaker, how about the guys not able to make the qualifying on Friday start as the slow boat in the pairings?? If there's multiple boats then you draw between those guys and have them qualified at the back in that order..

·
Registered
4,188 Posts
I forgot about that. Belay my last. Either way, I hope it gets figured out. Those guys arriving late may have to suffer. Maybe one round n the morning then start eliminations the very next round.

·
Premium Member
375 Posts
Let em run!

On Friday, Have 1st round for all Boats as a base or test run. Now everyone should have a idea of what their Boats run. Now give the option of going into S/E or Test and Tune. Test and Tune there is no "turn around times " The guys that want to run S/E can run there race seperate from "test and tune"If you are late in S/E you are out. At the end of Friday the NJBA has options to continue on Sat or split the money that night.You also have your point applied to year end. I think this works. The guys that drive hundreds of miles should have 2 options and a equal chance of winning. this is what the S/E is all about!

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd love to run S/E. But that is only because I can't run anything else other than 10.0. Unless Burlkin wants to pay my entry for PGJ to help out boat count for the winner.LOL!

·
Registered
217 Posts
SE

Some good suggestions already. But something does have to give somewhere and not everyone will have the opportunity. Another variation might be to limit the boat count to 16, 25 to 30 boats is a BIG class...or the first 16 prepaid BEFORE the race with a confirmation whether you're in or not ahead of time, saving you a long drive if you don't make the count and don't want to just race one class. Any more thoughts..:confused:

·
Premium Member
446 Posts
what about a limit on turn around times? if you miss your call, your out. everybody knows the situation. if we are on our game the fans will get what they paid for, as well as the members. if you have to hot lap, take the necessary items in the tow vehicle. run SE then the big boys. just an idea. either way i hope it happens. thanks for trying jc

·
Registered
217 Posts
..my .01

Having time limits and enforcing it doesn't work. Been there..tried it. Another suggestion is to qualify everyone for SE on Friday. Top 16 CLOSEST to their dial in are in the program. First two Elim rounds run Saturday. Last two rounds run Sunday for the final. Even the NHRA doesn't run a 30+ car field for a final. I understand the SE is a run a little different, but there are constraints. Also, having the the course fully set up and functional by Friday morning is tough as well. That means attendance for all the support personnel...rescue, tower, launch ski's, starting trailer...etc. Having test/tune on Friday means NJBA has made big commitments on providing the racers with a program.:))THumbsUp

·
Pro Gas Jet
747 Posts
pgj

I'd love to run S/E. But that is only because I can't run anything else other than 10.0. Unless Burlkin wants to pay my entry for PGJ to help out boat count for the winner.LOL!
lol we just may need you to join us bud, that might work !!!!

You know the nationals used to always be a 3 day event back in the day at njba. there was always over 100 boats and they needed to run 3 days before. so its no big deal to do it again.

·
Registered
55 Posts
there's another side to the removal of SE, if some one running in two classes ends up going to the finals in both classes, the turn around time and the distance from pits to inramp at this location. this can also slow the show down. but in this case instead of running the finals for small classes, ie; pgj, pgh, pgf, cj, mj, ect. you get the picture. don't run these finals early in the day sunday but use these finals later in the day to fill in to give some time for turn around and also give a turn around time and try to keep to it, if possible. but anyone runnig two class SE or category can end up in this situation. use the capsule guys to fill in and if needed run those turn around finals after the show TFH, TAH. this will keep people around untill at least the finals of what they come to see TFH, TAH.
one more, run SE over (9.5 and slower) then 9,8,7 sec brackets, (put some category boats here) then 10,11,12 sec. brackets and follow with SE under, (9.5 and quicker) then category boat and capsules. there may even be some exibition boats this could get scattered in where need be. these are just some things i've come up with and i know many of you out there have idea's for this also. this is a big class that brings in alot of enty monies and NJBA doesn't have any out of pocket to cover the prize fund for it, that comes out of the entry money.

you can obviously see i would like SE to be at this race, if it can great if it can't oh well, but at least not for a lack of trying and putting out idea's.

tom​

1 - 15 of 15 Posts