Performance Boats Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im in early stag of mach up like really early
im trying to see what things look right and settin thing up the way i want and i think my seats are to high dont like sittin that high when i sit on the plywood its perfect but i put a seat in and im to high just dont like it at all i was wondering if thers ways to fix i was thinkin (just a thought) that i could notch the stringer i know that will weakin it but if i build a notch brace like when notch a frame to olwer a truck and build the seat in it it could be even stronger:)Unsure Heres some pics and yes that is a cocktail

Attachments

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
Guessing that the seat may be from another boat? But doesn't look terrible . On average seay back height seems to look good in these boats at around 16 to 18 inches Let me Know If we can help Tom

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
its the hight of were ill be when in the boat when i do the interior im gonna have tops a little low thats the look i like when lookin at different boats i just want to sit lowwer after the seat is apolstered when i sit on just plywood it is perfect but then i need good foam so i will want to get back in it after the first run lol:)

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
If the seat "butt" height is what your after your bound by the existing stringer height so you will need to modify the seat or... ?? Pm your email addy for the "packing and shipping instructions" Tom

·
AKA OhOneWS6
2,637 Posts
If the "butt" seat height is what your after your bound by the existing stringer height so you will need to modify the seat or... ?? Pm your email addy for the "packing instructions" Tom
Uhmmm... IS there something we should knwo Tom... :)gay:(.... Butt & Packing Instructions in the same post.

·
Registered
24 Posts
even if you cut the stringers you are not going any lower with the seat sitting on the side of the boat,if thats the seat you want to use.

·
Registered
1,278 Posts
just put buckets in it & be done with it!!! :)...put that seat in the rear...it looks out of place in the front, no walk thru!...just my .02 cents :)

FastRat

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
even if you cut the stringers you are not going any lower with the seat sitting on the side of the boat,if thats the seat you want to use.

your right i didnt even think of that:)hammers that not the seat i am using just used it to see where i sit after interrior

1 - 10 of 10 Posts