Performance Boats Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for seat brackets. Want to install two bucket seats in the Sanger flattie. Anybody know who sells them? Maybe one size fits all, make your own mods to them. Thanks

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Here is a pic of the seat brackets........
Thanks, just got in from work. I'll call tomorrow about them. Question. When I install them, Do you keep them off the floor just a tad.Also just two bolts will do it? Thanks

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
Yes, keep them a little above the top of the stringers and slightly angle them back. Two 3/8" bolts are plenty strong. Jocko

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yes, keep them a little above the top of the stringers and slightly angle them back. Two 3/8" bolts are plenty strong. Jocko
Thanks. That makes sence angling them back, I would of made them level. Thats what I'am talking about, ask a question get feed back. Glad I joined the site. I have more ????? coming.:)

·
Premium Member
1,967 Posts
Thanks. That makes sence angling them back, I would of made them level. Thats what I'am talking about, ask a question get feed back. Glad I joined the site. I have more ????? coming.:)
It depends on how you want them to sit and how confortable it is to you. Some guys like it tipped up in the back a little, I am one of them. Block the seat up on blocks of wood in the boat and sit in it to get an idea of what you really want and the exact location you want it in. The passenger seat does not have to match the drivers location.
Hope that helps. :)hand

·
Premium Member
3,359 Posts
I agree that raising the back works good for a dragboat application. You seem to have more 'leverage' on the down pedal. Angle them back for a lake boat....much more comfortable for cruising! Jocko

·
Registered
1,544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It depends on how you want them to sit and how confortable it is to you. Some guys like it tipped up in the back a little, I am one of them. Block the seat up on blocks of wood in the boat and sit in it to get an idea of what you really want and the exact location you want it in. The passenger seat does not have to match the drivers location.
Hope that helps. :)hand
Thanks

I agree that raising the back works good for a dragboat application. You seem to have more 'leverage' on the down pedal. Angle them back for a lake boat....much more comfortable for cruising! Jocko
All good advice guys. Thanks again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts